I just ordered some V Picks

HMCMedic

• Members

I bought some v pick small pointed picks the other day and they showed up last night. They definitely stick to your fingers and they are well made but at $4 per pick thats just poured into a mold I think
its a little silly
. That said, they are pretty cool. I usually use Jazz IIIs for most playing and the Dunlop Jazztone 205 if I need something a little smoother. They are more comfortable than the V pick and also warmer sounding. The V picks are very very bright almost too bright with a punchy amp. The equilateral shap also feels a little weird since Im used to the rounded off back on the Jazz III. They are easy to play chords and stuff with and they are definitely faster than the Jazz III but I need to work with them a bit to get the control back. Cool picks but I dont know that I actually like them more for anything in particular. I wish they made a more Jazz III-shaped pick without 3 points. I would probably like that better.

It's very silly.

• Members
Yeah I used those for years and then I found the Jazz III picks. Jazz III FTW! It's perfect. You may think I sound stupid but they made me a better guitarist. Once you start using sharp picks you can't go back. It's less surface to push across the string and it makes playing fast single note lines much easier. Less movement =
:love:
!

I could not agree more. I used to use the lightest gauge picks ever and had no definition in my playing. I switched over the 1MM about 10 years ago and my playing has been so much better since. I got into the Jazz III as well. Don't play them all the time but maybe 25%. Great picks. I love the tone, I just wish they were a touch bigger and I'd use them exclusively.

• Members

I could not agree more. I used to use the lightest gauge picks ever and had no definition in my playing. I switched over the 1MM about 10 years ago and my playing has been so much better since. I got into the Jazz III as well. Don't play them all the time but maybe 25%. Great picks. I love the tone, I just wish they were a touch bigger and I'd use them exclusively.

Well then, check these out.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Jazz-III-XL-Stiffo-Guitar-Picks-6Pack?sku=111006

• Members

Hopefully I'm wrong, but these V-picks appear to be a bit unwieldy due to their sheer thickness and beveled edges.

You're wrong.

They are actually the most responsive picks I've ever used, and the thickness and grip actually helps your hand to relax.

Archived