Epiphone Sheraton pickups...

echodeluxe

• Members

I love my Sheraton II. I have customized mine a bit though. For pickups i used a Gibson 57' Classic in the Neck and a 57' Classic Plus in the Bridge.

I have also chromed out all the hardware, added 18:1 Grover locking tuners, a Gibson nashville style bridge, and a bone nut.

The best upgrade i made was getting the Es-335 package from mojotone.com. You get all new wiring, new 500k pots, new toggle switch, and a new input jack for $100. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

Sheraton's are built well, but inconsistant. If you find a good one they are GREAT!! The electronics and pickups really are crap though.

My guitar cost around $1200 when I was through (including the $600 I paid for the stock guitar). If you don't mind the gold hardware the mojo package and the classic pickups will cost you around $330 plus luthier costs (it is a bitch to change out the wiring in a Sheraton..go to a luthier).

• Members

NICE!

okay so i was playing my sheraton today and ive been sitting in my room all morning messing around with setting on my amp and the pickups actually dont sound that bad after all. i LOVE the neck pickup. i was thinking about putting a nice zebra bucker in the bridge and leaving the neck bucker alone. that would be rad.

but im also tempted to do the split humbuckers. if i did that, i would do both pickups to keep the set balanced and for looks.

iove got some time to decide but its a tough one!

Archived