Where is the hartman neuron??

sinew1958

• Members

I found it one of the best synths ever,certainly the sounds where amazing.

The modelmaker was great,and the software version with the nuke controller.

So is it possible,perhaps that a compagny can remake it?A software version.

Arturia where are you waiting for?:thu:

• Members

I agree that it was an amazing synth. The vs version was released well before its time, with serious bugs. this has been acknowledged by one of its developers. My impression is that the company is totally dead at this point, and that there is no chance that the synth will be resurrected. I'd advise not spending much money on the vs (if you can find one) UNLESS you can test it out on your computer, or get your $ back if it doesn't work well. Mine worked well on my pc, but when I switched back to Mac I had serious issues. I gave up on it and sold it, figuring that things would get worse not better in the future.

• Members

From what I've read about it, the hardware is such an integral part of the Neuron that they couldn't just slap it onto software and have anywhere near the processing power needed to really do what the hardware version can do. That's the whole reason it cost soo much in the 1st place. It was a super computer.

Unlike VA's which aren't too difficult to mimic with software, or real instruments emulated with good sampling, the Neuron is such a unique instrument that even if they did put all of the software out there, no one's computer would be tailored to operate it. Basically, the software and hardware on the Neuron are pretty much inseperable.

• Members

I don't think that there is much truth to that at all. On a fast computer, I'd imagine that you'd get more voices than on the hardware version. But the hardware version has more built in fx, and lots more knobs. And, as mentioned, the vs is quite buggy.

Archived