Behringer 'Phase 90 Clone' now in stores in UK / Euro

• Members

At that price it's a no brainer just to try out, but I just wish Behringer would open up their eyes and change the switching system on their pedals. In the quantities they buy they'd pay next to nothing for a 3PDT stomp switch - or they have the manufacturing facility so they could even make them themselves.

The way the pedals are setup at the moment is bizarre. Stomp actuator presses PCB mounted switch which is then linked to the main PCB. Surely using a 3PDT switch would be easier than that, making a simpler and better sounding circuit.

Even if it did cost more who really cares if they were

• Members

GAK...
:(

I know it's fast becoming a common phrase of disgust these days.

"I bought a behringer pedal the other day"

"was it any good"

"no it was GAK"

or

"have you got your pedal from america yet?"

"no mate, I think it's got GAK'd"

or simply

"I'm having problems with an ebay seller, I send the money but I haven't got it yet."

"GAK'd"

• Members

Where do you UK guys buy your pedals from anyway? I wanna buy a Behringer Tube Amp Modeller and a Danelectro Fish n Chips.

ebay shops usually, to be honest..

I got my 8-track from 'gear4music' they were very good.

I got my behringer DI amp modelers from 'just add music' ebay shop.

• Members

I know it's fast becoming a common phrase of disgust these days.

"I bought a behringer pedal the other day"

"was it any good"

"no it was GAK"

or

"have you got your pedal from america yet?"

"no mate, I think it's got GAK'd"

or simply

"I'm having problems with an ebay seller, I send the money but I haven't got it yet."

"GAK'd"

Haha.

True story.

That actual one occasion that I visited GAK in Brighton, we walked in to find none other than Gary Moore shredding blues scales at hyper speed with uber gainz and reverb through a Vox Pathfinder combo. He then said to a salesman that 'it sounds better than an AC30'...I kid you not. It was hilarious. Apparently Gary Moore goes in there like every day.

• Members

Haha.

True story.

That actual one occasion that I visited GAK in Brighton, we walked in to find none other than Gary Moore shredding blues scales at hyper speed with uber gainz and reverb through a Vox Pathfinder combo. He then said to a salesman that 'it sounds better than an AC30'...I kid you not. It was hilarious. Apparently Gary Moore goes in there like every day.

...............................................................................:freak:

• Members

I don't wanna get off topic but I was a Gary Moore gig a few years ago and got to meet him and he was a cock. I said to him something like "Hi Gary, I came over from Belfast to see you here," and he said "oh, good for you" and walked off. I didn't want a special medal or anything but I was trying to strike up a conversation with him or something, mang.

• Members

I've got a wayyyyy better Gary Moore story.

A couple of years ago I was working with my bass player at a bike hire shop on the Southbank in London. They used to run cycle tours around town for tourists too, and had a few tour guides that used to work for them.

There was one guy, Jim who had a great story. Years and years ago, he came home to find none other than Gary Moore shagging his wife (I kid you not). Of course, he goes crazy, only to have Gary Moore get up from the bedand proceed to try and beat the {censored} out of Jim, naked...and try to chase him out of his own house. Ironic considering it was he who was in the wrong. Then try to beat the {censored} out of the guy whose missus you're plowing is beyond toolish. This is when Gary was in Thin Lizzy. Brilliant eh?

I know a couple of guys who work at Guitarist magazine and they all unanimously say that Gary is a class A prat too.

• Members

I've got a wayyyyy better Gary Moore story.

A couple of years ago I was working with my bass player at a bike hire shop on the Southbank in London. They used to run cycle tours around town for tourists too, and had a few tour guides that used to work for them.

There was one guy, Jim who had a great story. Years and years ago, he came home to find none other than Gary Moore shagging his wife (I kid you not). Of course, he goes crazy, only to have Gary Moore get up from the bedand proceed to try and beat the {censored} out of Jim, naked...and try to chase him out of his own house. Ironic considering it was he who was in the wrong. Then try to beat the {censored} out of the guy whose missus you're plowing is beyond toolish. This is when Gary was in Thin Lizzy. Brilliant eh?

I know a couple of guys who work at Guitarist magazine and they all unanimously say that Gary is a class A prat too.

Classic! My experience put me off going to see him live ever again.

Archived