hangwire

• Members

hard work inside here and making a mess like this:

fokpzp.jpg

equals:

1r99ih.jpg

and another shot:

25asy34.jpg

"finished" because I messed up the bridge pickup wiring... so it will go off to Wade's guitar shop here in town Monday and get it rewired and set up...

GFS Tele ProTube lipstick pickup* in bridge

Fender Jazzmaster stock neck pickup* with white cover

MIM Tele body

Allparts red tortoishell replacement pickguard

Yamaha? neck*

* are parts I got from forum members here...

Thoughts?

• Members

Thanks... I have one more guitar to build, a non-reverse firebird with a trapieze tailpiece, p-90 bridge and lipstick in the neck... the neck is on the workbench in teh 1st pic, and the body is in the chair in the corner...

i was just rocking out the tele through some amps... even with only the neck pickup, it sounds good :thu:

• Members

Meh. That gigantor neck pickup turns me off. Even if it sounds great, it doesn't do much for me aesthetically. Still though, congrats on the build ... that's something to be proud of. Certain guitars aren't for everyone ... like most of the ones in the Amp forum. :poke::lol::cop:

• Members

Looks only get you so far. It's the sound that matters. True I wouldn't want a piece of driftwood made into guitar (extreme example)... But sound matters most.

This is true. But if I was making a project guitar ... I'd want something that was aesthetically pleasing and that sounded good.

I mean, maybe hangwire thinks it looks great. And that's fine. Eye of the beholder and all. Still ... not for me.

It's like marrying a woman who does nothing for your eyes, but who is great to talk to. All that talking will only get you so far. I don't know about you ... but I married my wife not only because she was hot, but because I was captivated with her personality. Same thing with guitars ... looks & sound.

And I'd say ... it's easier with guitars.

• Members

I mean, maybe hangwire thinks it looks great. And that's fine. Eye of the beholder and all. Still ... not for me.

That would be the larger point... he made it how he wanted to. He didn't make it for you dude, he doesn't have to please everybody. No use pissing on others' parades.

• Members

That would be the larger point... he made it how he wanted to. He didn't make it for you dude, he doesn't have to please everybody. No use pissing on others' parades.

Uh.... yeah. That's not what I said at all. I congratulated him on the build ... but said the aesthetics weren't for me. Then I pointed out that certain stylings aren't for everyone. So... not pissing -- just stating an opinion.

If he likes it ... that's what it's all about. He pieced together a guitar ... can't say I've ever done that. It's a cool achievement and I'm happy for him. Can't say that if I did the same thing, it'd look the same way however.

Archived