Is this REDUNDANT? (Boss CE-1 in loop of Roland JC-120)

petejt

• Members

The only problem with extreme settings is that they are, well, extreme ...

Personally I think the JC-120's chorus itself is excessive (as soon as you click it on the sound becomes hollow), and I might want a chorus with a mix control for when I want less. I'm also not sure what the point of a loop is on a JC.

(BTW, people, stop buying crappy old Boss effects, how do you expect someone like me to buy up old cheapies and modify them into something useful if you keep paying full price on ebay?)

• Members

Funny thing is, I have the best sounding chorus EVER in my amp, and I really cant stand chorus. This one is good. But I have NO use for it. Flange and phase get me the watery sounds I need.

We should start the JC worship club. For Jazz Chorus owners.

• Members
Funny thing is, I have the best sounding chorus EVER in my amp, and I really cant stand chorus. This one is good. But I have NO use for it. Flange and phase get me the watery sounds I need.

We should start the JC worship club. For
J
azz
C
horus owners.

{censored} that'd be awesome.

What shall we call it?

The Jazz Chorus Corral?

(Nah that's dumb, unless you like it :idea: )

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
jc-120!!!!

the ce-1's circuit is not identical to the jc120's chorus/vibrato circuit. DO IT.

That's right, at least for the 1976 (?) JC-120 we've got. There are lot's of similarities, though. They both use the same BBD chip. They also both have this somewhat bizarre 4 transistor flip-flop circuit that converts the triangle wave from the rate oscillator into a square wave to clock the BBD chip.

So how close are they? I DON'T KNOW! :mad:

My CE-1 is still broke (don't have time to work on it), and the JC-120 still needs to be reconed.

• Members

My CE-1 is still broke (don't have time to work on it), and the JC-120 still needs to be reconed.

i am bringing mine to the shop today so we can start to science it out if you want. i have a feeling it might be something in the power supply, since it wont even power up.

• 7 months later...

Archived