Yay I got another DOD punkifier!!!!!!! (for a fiver)

melx

• Members

Damn, I was looking for one of those last week after reading the Graham Coxon thread. It sounds like a lot of fun. I got a voucher too so I shall have ot find some junk to spend it on. A good effects rack...

They are so cool, never heard another pedal that sounds anything like it. I'm really chuffed.

I have a bit of a soft spot for dod's anyway. I think I'm gonna make up a cheapo 'punk' board with a handful of sub

• Members

Cool, what's a Punkifier?

hahaha, kind hard to explain, it's like a DS-1 type distortion (pretty harsh) with something extra, the 'punk' knob kind adds this strange fuzzy synty type octave down thing....it really hard to explain because it doesn't sound like you'd imagine it to sound, with the 'punk' knob at 12 o'clock it's 50/50 distortion/punk effect, but you can add 100% punk and turn the distortion down to nothing, so you just get this growling fuzzy synthy octave down thing along with a clean sound. :lol:

it sounds horrible and it is!!! :D

p.s. I promise to make some clips when it arrives.

• Members
:cool:
My very first pedal was a DOD FX-80B Comp/Sust, and I still love it. I just wish there was a massive stock of spare battery compartment covers sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

:thu:

hahaha, I'm more exited about this than I was when I got the SMM/H :D

I love rocking the crappy old dod's :rawk:

• Members
#

Ikea Board?

I'm gonna got skip digging later. :lol:

I should be able to find something suitably unsuitable :D, I just found a load of old cheapo patch cables in the cupboard under the stairs too. :)

• Members
I'm gonna got skip digging later.
:lol:

I should be able to find something suitably unsuitable
:D
, I just found a load of old cheapo patch cables in the cupboard under the stairs too.
:)

Well, those Ikea boards are somethign stupid like

• Members

What other effects does a punk board need?

I'm currently bidding on a Dod 'tuna' (the fish scaled tuner)....and I dunno any of those dod's with the silly names. Maybe a dod 'classic fuzz' or something (if I can get one cheap enough) i'm on

• Members

I LOVE Dod pedals so much. My first ever pedal was an oldschool FX86 Death Metal from the same series as that Buzz Box. It had so much gain I took it back to the shop a couple of times telling them it was broken haha.

I've just repaired an FX52 Classic Fuzz like this one, and it sounds incredible:

19892.jpg

Archived