i have a delay sickness...

• Members

so i have a dl4, a dd20, and a ps3 on my board. the only pedals i'm really interested in are the nova delay and the re-20.

i just sold my mm-4 because i just can't get into mod effects. i have a sick trem pedal that does all i need it to. my bad cat makes dirt pedals useless.

i really just want another delay. what the hell is wrong with me?

• Members

I have 3 and I will tell you why.

Basically my chain goes DD3>DD20>DD3

The first DD3 affects the signal going in, which I often record and loop using the DD20. I then will turn off the first DD3 and turn the volume down on my guitar so that I only have the loop playing from the DD20.

I then turn the on last delay in the chain, which delays the loop. If I turn up the feedback on the last dealy to 90%, I can play with the volume of the DD20 so that the loop comes in and out and I can alter the tone with the speed of the final delay.

to hear an example check it out here:

www.mattarcher.com

I use that technique at the end of the song Mist.

• Members

^ Well it is all personal preference, after all. I think I'd rather have delay than dirt, if I had to choose, but then that's just me.

I agree, but I think you'll have less trouble putting together a song with dirt compared to delay. I'm not a big fan of modulation, so I'm moving to pretty much all dirt and 2 delays. Oh, and a trem.

• Members
so i have a dl4, a dd20, and a ps3 on my board. the only pedals i'm really interested in are the nova delay and the re-20.

i just sold my mm-4 because i just can't get into mod effects. i have a sick trem pedal that does all i need it to. my bad cat makes dirt pedals useless.

i really just want another delay. what the hell is wrong with me?

Nothing is wrong with you. I keep wanting Wah pedals. Not that I get them. :o

Also, you said you have a "sick trem[olo]". What is it, as far as model goes?

• Members

". What is it, as far as model goes?

sd shape shifter. analog circuit with digital controls, including a tap tempo switch that has a ratio knob so you can have from 1:1 to 4:1 ratio for the tapped in rate. really, really great trem. i love it.

Archived