Reverse delay is sexy

• Members

I'm all for competition as well. but I cant see the comparison between other companies also building flat panel/plasma TVs to compete with Sony, and a company that copies both aesthetically and shematically a huge chunk of the product line of another. sure its legal, but it... eh... it just doesnt FEEL right. at all.

• Members

Boss, EHX, Line 6, Voodoo Lab, Digitech, MXR, etc. are the "Sony" of the guitar effects industry. Even their pedals, to a certain extent, are overpriced. How is Behringer is able to take $50 out of a Big Muff and still make a healthy profit? The Big Muff has been around since the 70's. It's about time someone made a knock off.

I also think your view of the socio-economic condition of the world is quite skewed. I don't think you realize what other people in the world have and can afford. I think you forget that a $100 laptop is a year of savings for some people. I think you forget there are a billion people in China who work for pennies on the dollar. Do you really expect them to buy an $80 fuzz pedal when they could save $50? Is music just for the elite?

• Members

The reverse delay on the E-H SMMH is awesome. Tons of voicing options.
Also, a seperate intelligent reverse delay channel that reverses up to the last 6 seconds of what you played. Can't be beat!

• Members

what settings do you guys use on your reverse delays? gimme ms figures and number of repeats.. and tell me what you play with that setting.

its one of the most difficult effects to use appropriately for me.

• Members
Please let me know, sounds interesting.

I got the Behringer EM600 Echo Machine today along with the PH9 Phaser and the FL600 Flanger Machine. The EM600's reverse delay is definitely my favorite. I use the reverse delay in combination with my ED Disaster Transport to really fill out the sound (though it sounds good on its own as well). It's nice, for $45 shipped I really don't see how you can go wrong. It's cheap and it sounds great. It has a ton of settings to play with so it will keep me occupied for a long time.

I really don't see why I would change it out... ever. Even though the DD-6 sounds better, it's not worth $160 to me. The SMMH probably sounds better as well, but I'd rather not spend $215 on a pedal if I don't have to. Especially since I picked up (2) delays for less than that. So yea, it's pretty awesome and I highly recommend it. The fact that it is so cheap only makes it better.

:thu:

Archived