OT: can someone give me a ballpark value on this guitar?

• Members

well i emailed him and he said hes getting lots of offers. i have a feeling that this may go the way of a "highest bidder gets it" posting. Im thinking i will offer my artcore, then raise it to artcore plus hard case, then raise it to that plus earthquaker pulse machine (he said he wants a trem).

• Members

All he wants is a 335 case for trade? Shoot, I'll part ways with my Sheraton case, I can always pick up another one. But if he's been getting lots of offers, I bet he's got a better one than that, and I don't have the inclination to up the ante any more. Plus my wife put a moratorium on new gear until our summer vacation is paid for.

• Members

You should really try to check out that guitar before you trade one of yours for it.

I mean that think could be a real piece of crap.

well its craigslist, so its done in person. either party can not follow through on the deal if they feel like what they are getting is not what was advertised.

• Members

well its craigslist, so its done in person. either party can not follow through on the deal if they feel like what they are getting is not what was advertised.

Ah gotcha.

I figured it would've been shipped to you. I've never dealt with craigslist.

• Members

ah {censored}e! the guy says he has gotten offers for $500. are these guitars really worth that, or do you think people are banking on the chance that somehow it is indeed a real gibson that they can resell for a profit?

also, where do people get these fakes from?

• Members

ah {censored}e! the guy says he has gotten offers for $500. are these guitars really worth that, or do you think people are banking on the chance that somehow it is indeed a real gibson that they can resell for a profit?

also, where do people get these fakes from?

I'd rather spend $500 on a Hagstrom Swede goldtop. Sick neck + coil split.

• Members

At least get some better pictures of the guitar. Get some close-ups of the headstock tuners as the type of tuner used can often tell you about the guitar's origin (eg. if it's got Star tuners then that points to something Japanese in the 1970s as I've seen and owned Ibanez and Greco instruments with such tuners). What's the name on the headstock? How many screws are in the truss rod cover? Any fret edge binding?

Copies come from all over. This one comes from China and I've seen people buy them up from this German seller and then rebrand them with Japanese headstock labels and try to pass them off as Japanese lawsuit guitars.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALBA-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-BLACK-WITH-2-HUMBUCKER_W0QQitemZ150247143085QQihZ005QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think the Craigslist guy is bull{censored}ting about $500 or someone's bull{censored}ting him with a $500 offer. I can't see any decent guitar buyer giving $500 to someone based on three fuzzy pictures that give absolute no clue as to the guitar's origin or history.

Archived