trouble securing proco rat on a pedalboard

• Members

i'm obviously a n00b w/pedalboard stuff. wondering how folks put the rat on their boards. taking the feet off makes for a more level surface but those screws are still there. do you put the velcro over the screws, or maybe put some padded double-sided tape on there?

• Members

I haven't tried too many different brands or types but generally I've had better experiences with industrial velcro. I bought some general-use velcro for my latest board and it wasn't just expensive, but also extremely bad. My pedals stay where they are sort of but they can still be mover around with no problems whatsoever.

My SMMH was mounted with small pieces of industrial velcro on the four rubber feet on my earlier board and it sat just fine. Almost impossible to get of. Now I have a whole strip of velcro which covers the whole width of the pedal and maybe 1/4 of the height and it barely stays where it is when I turn it on or off.

Going to buy some new velcro from Ebay or something. If anyone of you have got recommendations, please tell me. Thinking of something which is maybe 1" high.

• Members

Velcro may rip the paint off of the Rat if taken off. I bought one in the SPAM thread a while back. The guy whom I bought it from took the velcro off. And :arg:

ah arrite guess the padded double sided tape would be a bad idea then

• Members

I took the rubber feet off, put the screws back in, put velcro on the bottom, and used a small piece of plywood with velcro on both sides and attached it to the bottom of the rat offset from the battery screw.

It sits a little tall, but it's stable and secure.

• Members

I find no problems with keeping my Rat secure. The battery screw is pretty big but doesn't affect anything. There are two super clingy strips of velcro on the bottom of it, though. She ain't going nowhere.

• Members

Since we're talking "industrial" and "normal" velcro here, can someone tell me a little about the "medical grade velcro" people sell on eBay? What makes it "medical grade"? Velcro isn't normally used for medical purposes, is it?

Oh crap, I just saw that this was my 999th post. What am I gonna do with the next one?

• Members

Since we're talking "industrial" and "normal" velcro here, can someone tell me a little about the "medical grade velcro" people sell on eBay? What makes it "medical grade"? Velcro isn't normally used for medical purposes, is it?

Oh crap, I just saw that this was my 999th post. What am I gonna do with the next one?

flame out?

• 11 years later...

Archived