Good overdrive for a Fender Super Twin

• Members

What's a good overdrive pedal to use with a Fender Super Twin reverb?? The tone I 'm looking for is that Hot Rodded Marshall tone.

I already have a few in mind that I will try but I'd like to hear from Twin users about their experiences with O/D pedals...

I just bough this 180w Super Twin today and I am loving it :love:

• Members

I'd recommend the MI Audio Crunch Box. Definitely the most authentically Marshall-sounding pedal I've heard so far. The Guv'Nor+ is great for lower gain Marshall tones, but the Crunch Box really takes it to the edge (trivia, it's in fact a hot-rodded Guv'nor circuit, too).

• Members

I think you need something quite high-gain as a 180W amp will not give any natural overdrive - all the distortion must come from the pedal.

This would lead me to recommend the crunch box instead of the BOR.

• Members

Also check out the Emma ReezaFratzitz. I've owned the Crunchbox too, and prefer the Reesa. Does Marshall well, but more versatile overall, and responds very well to your picking dynamics. But the Crunchbox is pretty good too, especially for the money.

• Members

thanks I look into the Emma ReezaFratzitz too...

My goal is to get something so good that I can completely retire my half-stacks :) so money is not object if it really delivers.

But so far the crunch box has impressed the heck out of me (based on the video) and the price is right too!!

Archived