Rockcase pedalboards: hot or not ?

• Members

Not too shabby. They have alot of sweet models across the pond that aren't available in North America.

I was looking at the Rockcase RC23120B, comes with a power supply and is 28" x 13". No one has them.

• Members

I have one that I'll probably be getting rid of soon. If you're really picky(like me), the bottom can be a little deep if you're going to place pedals really close to the edge that you'll be facing. It's not terrible; I'm only not using mine any more because I ran out of board space and moved on to the pedaltrain pro.

• Members

i have exactly the on in the first post. two cons:

- the border is too high, so you need too use angled cables on the side cause the plugs of straight cables are not going over the border, or you have to move the pedals on the side away from the border and loose a lot of space

- you can't lock them up, it looks like they are prepared to handle locks, but they are missing an important part where to attach the locks :(

now we have our own rehearsal space -> no need to lock it anymore

and i use an ankled guitar cable on one side, on the other side is a link cable cause the wah has no space on the board anyhow:

l_58eb0ae569b61aba98de39af0772b79a.jpg

don't buy the one with the integrated power supply. the supply is not that strong, not that much reliable, has not much output and they are not isolated and if the power supply unit fails (which my local dealer said happens from time to time like with normal boss adapter) you can throw away the board or carry a board with a broken power supply around.

• Members

Okay there is a reason the dont add cables on the comercial picture! It looks beyond messy IMO...

Pedaltrain FTW

:D

i never liked/cared for a clean pedal board, have hidden all the cable makes it difficult to reorder the pedals, yeah looks clean and neat, but...

...i'm a messy guy anyway so i have a messy board. main point for me, it works and i don't have much setup time, some pedals (shredmaster and fuzz factory) are running (still) on batteries so i have to remove cables everytime when i stop playing

and on the other hand, here we don't have that much options, there is no pedaltrain here, and if i remember right pedaltrains are without case and for transporting the board i want to have case and not an open board with pedals on it

• Members

Mine's been holding up well for over a year, being dragged around on a little trolly thing. It looks battered. but my pedals don't. Which is the point really isn't it?

The handle is a lot stronger than it looks. My only complaint is the feet fall off quite easily.

As mentioned before, the high sides issue is remedied by using right-angle jacks. The box is deep enough for any pedal I've put in it, Whammy, Vox wah, they all fit.

• Members

I had one for 4 years.

They're solid.

it's not 100% aluminum though. the latches and hinges and stuff are untreated and will eventually rust a bit if you get it wet or practice/leave it in a basement area.

but you know...whatever. it was definitely worth the $130 i spent on mine.

i treated mine like {censored} and it held together.

Archived