Lopoline Cabs

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Already replied in the other thread, but that won't stop me!

tt_small.jpg

Haha, I'd love to know how much that cab cost compared to an original. It looks spot on (and I deon't mean like an accurate replication, just very suitable)

• Members

Haha, I'd love to know how much that cab cost compared to an original. It looks spot on (and I deon't mean like an accurate replication, just very suitable)

$138 for the Lopo vs. $350 for the Orange, but the PPC112 DOES come with a speaker. The Lopo works well for me b/c it's SO small - fits the TT well for being portable.

I'd mention how well it fits in my Miata, but last time I did I got some $h1t for having a Miata. . . :freak:

• Members

it's certainly has interesting dimensions

thats the one thing that i can't get over with those. i think the 112 is cool especially for something like the tiny terror but the 212 keeps that same height and it looks wierd to me. plus i would think that it would effect the sound kind of negatively. but thats all speculation. the mesa 212s have similar dimensions and i hear that they sound fine. i just tend to like more air for the sound to develop

• Members

I thought about one of these to go with my Tiny Terror. I read that it gets a little "screamy" with a 1x12 though ... so I opted to go with a Marshall 2x12 instead. I've heard good/decent things about the Lopo stuff though. I'd like to hear how one compares to, say, and Avatar cab.

• Members

im opting for the convertible back so that i can tune the cab a little to the room im playing in.

i think the dimensions look normal, whats interesting about them?

i have heard lots of good things about lopoline so im pretty excited to get one. plus that color combo is :love:

• Members

ah.

you gotta admit though, those fender bassman cabs are abnormally large.

i would love one, but i dont even know if i got the space man.

not the regular bassman cab. the late 60s one is abnormally large. but the normal blackface bassman cab is pretty much the standard for 212 cab designs.

in late 67 the cabinet grew to 40" x 29

• Members

i owned a 2x12 lopo line cab, sounded like complete {censored}. terrible bass...sounded super small. i got an avatar 2x12 that sounded much better, but i ended up settling on an old fender cab that sounds HUGE!

i'm sure a lot of it has to do with the size of the cabs, the lopo 2x12 was really tiny...the avatar wasn't much bigger but had much more bass response. here are pics for size comparisons:

stereorig001.jpg

practicespace004.jpg

• Members

i owned a 2x12 lopo line cab,

great post. those pictures made the point that i've been trying to make all along. despite the nice price of the lopo cab i would absolutely not go with a cab that small sight unseen. i would have to hear it first and make sure that it was going to sound good. i used to have one of those giant late 60s fender cabs and it did sound good despite the crappy speakers. it was hard to move around though. if i had it to do right now i would definitly go with the avatar. its super cheap and sounds good and is a nice managable size.

• Members

crappy bass? did you have a closed back one?

i kinda want a bassman cab. uggghhhh.

well thats the thing. if you want the big bassman cab you just have to wait and watch. especially in your area there have to be some floating around that. they tend to get sold for super cheap because they are so big and not a lot of people want them. i've seen a few go for 200 or less that were within driving distance from me.

hell i got mine for 50 bucks with all of the hardware stripped off of it

Archived