Who is into The Kills?

• Members

I saw them recently and the guy had some damn good tones going on and a cool sort of clanging delay.

I had a dream last nighti saw his pedal board (yes i am sad) and it had a Mellowtone Wolf Computer on it! ha

I saw them at wedgewood rooms a few years back, I like them but I found the drum machine really annyoing live....it was really loud. Yeah he has some great garagey tones going on......I think the melxowtone will be good for that kind of stuff. :lol:

• Members

Yep, love The Kills. Seen them a couple of times, first time around about the time of the first album at the Roadhouse in Manchester - really good gig.

Any idea what he uses gear wise? I was a bit drunk and didnt pay attention.

• Members

I like them ok. I have a couple of their albums and was into them for a bit. Some really cool garage-y songs, nice thrift store instruments, etc.

But, man, they are the definition of uber-hipsters!... and a tad pretentious... lol. :lol:

kills.jpg

• Members

I dont see the powerpop thing, but agreed i dont think it is genius.

I like the 'sound', just wish they took it further.,

i honestly havent even given it much of a chance...they're just one of those bands. some of my friends are big into Pretty Girls Make Graves, but i also think that sounds like girly,powerpop no like

Archived