DOD Pedals

• Members

The delays are great. I love all their envelope filters. As with most stuff it is personal preferance. They all seem to go for cheap so they are a good deal for sure. I have had probably most all of them at 1 time or another, thanks to ebay.

• Members

ive bought some old used DOD pedals from ebay because theyre so cheap i figured 'what the hell?'.

theyre all very low quality construction. i have a stereo flanger i think sounds pretty damn good. another flanger that sounds much more subtle (boring to me). i just got a digital delay and its not that good.

i have the red distortion (supra, or whatever) and its one of the nastiest (in a bad way) dirt boxes ive ever used.

id say with low enough expectations you wont be disappointed.:)

• Members

I've had a fair few of them and never had a problem with any of the switches, and that goes for 2 of the 3 versions of the switch I'm aware of.

the newer ones have big square switches, the older ones had long thing switches and the ones even older than that had long thin switches with 'DOD' written on them.

Back when DOD was still in business, I always saw them as a cheaper and more interesting version of Boss. The quality is great, and they made some pretty wacky stuff for noisemakers.

Look out for any of the delays, the Vibrothang, any of the flangers, the Classic Fuzz, any of the phasers and any of the envelope filters.

Some of the dirt pedals are a bit {censored}, but there are a couple which are ok. The compressors are supposed to be really great too.

• Members

I had an FX52 Classic Fuzz for a while that was very cool. I sold it for something crazier (ZOOM Ultra Fuzz) and I kinda wish I hadn't. It has a bit of a rep on HCEF as a Big Muff killer- smaller and more versatile than the NYC Muffs.

Currently there's a DOD FX75C Flanger on my board, which is also very cool. Better for Police style chorus-y warbles than for jet-plane whooshy noises. I had the FX75B years ago, which, from memory, was a little wilder. I've earmarked it for replacement when the BYOC Flanger kit finally comes out, but this time I think I'll do the smart thing and hang on to it.

There's a few DOD pedals still being sold new, and for the money they're probably worth a punt (although as stated, the Supra Distortion is probably not the best way to spend your dirt pedal budget). Used, they frequently come up for cheap on eBay- check the HC Reviews to see which are worth bidding on.

• Members

DOD pedals I own:

FX52 Classic Fuzz - Awesome fuzz! Really LOUD. Can get you from smooth Fuzz Face/Muff to nasty and gated with just a turn of the tone knob. It doesn't get affected by buffers and thats a good thing.

FX60 Stereo Chorus - Really close to the Boss CE-2 with stereo outs. Fools many people due to the one output jack but that jack is a stereo jack. Trimpots don't do much to my ears but great for leslie sounds.

DOD/Digitech PDS8000 Echoplus - Now heres a real gem. Got this for $20. Works perfectly and has the battery door. I love it to bits. Doesn't sound sterile or cold due to the 8-bit chip installed. It can drive an amp into overdrive too.

DOD 440 - Awesome envelope filter. Prefer this to the FX25. Nice filter sound and the range knob is wide at the ends and has a really nice "baw" at low range settings.

Oh yeah, I tape all the battery doors on them.

Archived