any other crazy, super sustain, glitchy"bad" compressors besides the Walco Sustainer?

hangwire

• Members

I made a thread a while ago about this topic... I REALLY dig the Walco Sustainer, just wow... drone, feedbacking, sustain madness...

any other pedals that accomplish this? I imagine it would have to be a slower attack pedal

• Members

So how exactly does the Walco work? I was reading some reviews of it earlier after I saw you mention it in another thread and the reviews pretty much said "...absolute piece of {censored}. But WOW does it drone."

They're pretty cheap on eBay. I'd pick one up to try out but it's almost like "why bother". :idk: I really don't have a problem with sustain and feedback.

• Members

you could probably achieve something similar with certain fuzzes in a feedback loop, or you could probably circuit bend another compressor to do the same thing. It's a unique little effect, it's noisy as hell and takes some work to get anything resembling "music", but it can be a lot of fun to mess around with.

• Members

It's a unique little effect, it's noisy as hell and takes some work to get anything resembling "music", but it can be a lot of fun to mess around with.

Yeah it's a crazy little thing. It was fun but I couldn't really find much practical use for it. Might be a good recording tool, though.

Archived