Hammond Organ Style Sounds on Roland Fantom XR

ggm1960

• Members

No rompler does, or none that Ive found, or at least *every* time I want to use a hammond type sound, usually something with some real punch and balls to it, the harmonics I want to bring just aint there, and no amount of comrpesion/saturation and eq will bring it out... Grrrr!

I thought the fusion might have been good actually, but stil not the soujd Im after, best best so far has been synthesising it on a virus ti...
:confused:

BTW - anyone used that roland vk-8m module? Any good?

6 months ago I tested all the top clones and the Rolands sounded the thinest of all of them and so did the B4 II.

• Members

I found some great B4 samples for my Triton. I actually preferred to use the Triton w/samples, rather than my XK2 for the six months that I was in a situation similar to yours (guit + keys).

I don't know if you can load samples in the Fantom, but if you can, it would be worthwhile to check the net for Hammond samples in Roland format.

Good Luck.

I did a little searching and found this website:

http://www.vintagekeyboardsounds.com/page_Hammond.htm

It seems a little too cheap and easy but I don't know much about loading or using samples and haven't even got the fantom unit yet to understand how it might work.

Archived