NPD: Catalinbread Content Inside

• Members

Initial report:

Ok, this thing is exactly what I wanted. I wanted a low to medium OD with tons of flexibility and a nice transparent tone. My Fender Blues Deluxe has a crappy gain channel and this things makes mine sound like a cranked tube amp. But it still sounds like my guitar and amp which is what I wanted.

The three eq controls are very responsive and allow for all sorts of tone options. The dirty blues is fantastic with this along with Pearl Jam style gain and classic rock. It sounds great with indie rock as the treble can be pushed very far forward.

Pushing the bass up really fattens up the Strat and scooping the mids can give you some aggressive tones. My favorite thing about it right now is the clean boost and the ability to push my Big Muff into outer space. Cascading them together just gets some rough distortion that has the synth like qualities of the Muff but much more definition of chords.

Also, it sounds like a dream with my Deluxe Memory Man. It is also so small, yet sturdy. I have a feeling this is the first of a long line of Catalinbread pedals on my board. Next stop V8 Fuzz.

• Members

Ya man...I LOVE MINE...it's sooooo versatile and organic. I love pairing it with my amp's od and my other dirt pedals...really shapes the tone, very tasty. I think I saw a version that had switches somewhere in the forums some time ago...is there a new version on the way or a custom job?...who knows

The owner did build a dual silver kiss for a client...two in one box...that gave me a hard on

• Members

I played with it for another two hours or so today and I must admit that this thing is exceeding my expectations. The drive can get nice and gritty and it is really pushing my Big Muff hard. The distortion I get out of both combined is pretty ridiculous, adding some nice grit to the Muff.

Catalinbread has a real winner here and the small size is really a nice surprise.

Nice pedal!

• Members

i must have one,how does it sound on its own,hows the gain?

It is a low to medium overdrive. The gain sounds very much like your amp having a dirty channel, albeit you can really change things with the EQ controls. The gain can get pretty damn heavy when running through humbuckers or hot rails and is great and dirty with single coils.

Setting it up as a clean boost is very nice and it does a great job keeping your tone intact. The gain is not fizzy at all and can go from very smooth to very gritty very easily.

On its own it sounds like my amp has a badass dirt channel and with other pedals the thing shines. It sounds fantastic with my DMM and it really cuts through loops on my RC-2, at least far better than the Muff does. I don't even turn it off when playing clean either, I just lower the gain and it really rounds out my sound.

Great pedal. And if a new one comes out soon with toggle switches I will be sad.

• Members

silver kiss is on my list of pedals to get soon. just picked up a Valcoder trem, which should be here tomorrow, hopefully. i like the catalinbread stuff, especially the little box pedals.

I've had my Valcoder for about a week now. It is a GREAT Trem!!

Archived