I think my board is ..... [dare I say it?]

Crxsh

• Members

..... FULL! :lol:

Didn't take too long to fill up this PT2.

n161501268_31215333_3713.jpg

I just had to make a thread of my own for this. Overbearing? Probably. But it makes me happy to see & share it w/ all of you.

I really can't wait to explore this DD-7 more tomorrow. I spent most of the evening wiring it up (working out, "spending some time with the wife" & having dinner) and didn't leave myself much time to try it out. :( Tomorrow though.... good times. :)

• Members
come on now....at least have all your pedals straight. Fix the Trem.

:lol: I don't want the cables hangin' off the edge of the board. Looks tacky (IMO) and makes me nervous when I transport the board. Plus, that little bit of angle helps me turn it off and on w/out tweaking the knobs with my hooves.

• Members

ya on second thought...you need more modulation.

I agree, but just can't get into it. I hate chorus. I can't get phase to come out the way I want. Flanger is most assuredly out. Vibe? I've got that in the DMM. I don't know what else to try.

• Members

How does your fuzz head play with other pedals and wah?

The Fuzz Head does great things for my entire rig. It can stand alone and do either a nice fuzz, like I've said, or a solid drive w/ the volume knob rolled back, AND I can use it to push my BoR, really thicken up my Mayo and even push my amp to a nice breakup. It's a really solid pedal and it has a TON of uses.

As far as wah is concerned, I couldn't tell you. I'll plug in the two wah's I've got here (Crybaby, FX-17) and get back on that. I'm not a huge wah user ... so it's not much of a mainstay on/with my board.

• Members
I might give the Screwdriver another chance at some point, but it wasn't what I wanted the first time around. What I wanted was what the Fuzz Head is. If you crank it, the fuzz is real nice, but if you back off the volume on your guitar a touch, it's a SUPER awesome overdrive. I really dig it.

I agree, but just can't get into it. I hate chorus. I can't get phase to come out the way I want. Flanger is most assuredly out. Vibe? I've got that in the DMM. I don't know what else to try.

Dont gives up on phase...tis the best. Just lookz harder!:mad:

• Members

Not really though. Like I said, the Fuzz Head does a nice fuzz, but is secretly an Overdrive as well. Read up on it.... it's a SUPER versatile pedal. My most recent favorite. Other than that, I've got the Box of Rock ... which is an OVERDRIVE and two boosts (BoR, Crxsh Bxxst). So, actually, there's no distortion on my board at all and only one true fuzz.

is there good definition with chords?

• Members

is there good definition with chords?

Very much so. It's not purely transparent, but it also isn't completely fuzzy. Now, my fuzz experience is really limited as I've only played the Mayo, Fuzz Head, 200lbs of Tone & a Fuzz Factory... but what I can remember of how the FF can be set up like a Fuzz Face, the fuzz on the Fuzz Head is kinda similar that -- only w/ more body. But like I said, roll back the volume on your guitar and the definition is really there since it's like an OD.

Check out the Fuzz Head clipz on the Keeley site. They're quite good.

• Members

Thanks! :thu:

I'll be using the reverb side of the RV-3 primarily now that I the DD-7, but you're right ... there is a lot of delay on here.

I really want a Wah Probe ... that's my most dominating GAS right now, but to be honest, I'm not a huge wah user. I think it's because I tend to overuse it. I've got a Crybaby on my floor and a DOD FX-17 that I really like, but it's not something I use all the time, so it isn't there.

Off the board:

Behringer Octave
Crybaby
DOD FX-17
Lovepedal 200lbs of Tone
Phase 100
Boss CE-2B

• Members

I might give the Screwdriver another chance at some point, but it wasn't what I wanted the first time around. What I wanted was what the Fuzz Head is. If you crank it, the fuzz is real nice, but if you back off the volume on your guitar a touch, it's a SUPER awesome overdrive. I really dig it.

Well you used it for a different purpose. I use my screwdriver like you use your box of rock. I'm happy with my mayo as my only fuzz.

Archived