ZVex Vexter Fuzz Factory

• Members

what about the vexter vs. the hand-painted any difference? i'm gassin so bad for a FF right now.

A lot of people, including Zack himself, swear there is no difference between them but I'm telling you there is.

• Members

what about the vexter vs. the hand-painted any difference? i'm gassin so bad for a FF right now.

All Fuzz Factories sound a little different from each other.

The parts used to make the Vexters are identical except for the brand of caps and resistors. We pre-test the Germanium transistors here in the states and use either Neutrik or Switchcraft jacks in both types of FF. The controls, switch, battery clip, battery type, and even the wires inside are exactly the same in both.

• Members

so variable value differences are higher in the vexter? probably not THAT far off though..... with the same everything else.

Nope, the tolerances on the resistors and caps are identical.

The biggest factor in differences is the Germanium transistor pair. We test them identically for the US and Taiwan versions, and ship them to Taiwan immediately after matching.

• Members

I love the ff but they do all sound different and you need to try a bunch to find your favourite. I had a vexter which was a treble-fest and unusable as a fuzz face type sound. I now have a new hand painted one that I selected from 5 painted models and 2 vexters. It sounds thick and bassey (and generally wonderful).

Archived