Reverb pedals

boff2000

• Members

Ive got a EHX Holy Grail on my board at the moment, and it's great! 1 knob for reverb. doesnt mess with tone like a lot of others. Problem is that it takes up valuable real estate on my board - the pedal AND the pain in the a** wall wart!

Can anyone suggest something similar to the holy grail? simple verb that i can connect to my p/s?

• Members

oh yeah i should have mentioned that my p/s is 100mA per output, and the holy grail is 500mA (...what the?!). ill grab one of those adapters anyway when my local shop gets them in again, and have a try. it doesnt really make sense for a reverb pedal to use anything near 500mA.. but.. better safe than sorry..?

• Members
You my friend need a 1 Spot. Cheaper than a new reverb, and will solve all your pedal powering problems

i had considered that - but decided to go with a brick. also i dont think the 1spot adapter is made for australian power outlets :(

• Members

Oh you're an aussie? Hmmmm

EDIT: From VIsual Sound's webpage

A 1 SPOT is the original 9V DC adapter that only takes up 1 Spot on an outlet strip or wall outlet. It solves an annoying problem that people have complained about for years!

* Only takes up ONE position on your outlet strip or wall outlet!!

* Handles from one to over twenty guitar pedals (1700mA max!)

* New heavy duty output cable!

* Use with optional multi-plug cable(s) for powering more than one pedal.

Guaranteed to work with any equipment that uses one of the following adapters (over 90% of the effects pedals on the market!):

* Boss PSA, Boss ACA, Danelectro DA-1, DOD PS-200R, Dunlop ECB-03, Ibanez AC-109, Korg A30950, Morley 9V, Zoom AD-0006.**

* With new converter plugs, the 1 SPOT will work with virtually ANY 9V pedal! ...even Line 6 modeling pedals! **

* Will even convert international voltage (100V-240V) automatically; no transformer needed!

* 3 meter (10') cable is almost twice as long as other adapter cable

The 1 Spot does convert voltage without a transformer, you just need an adapter over the end then.

• Members

I was using a Stereo Memory Man w/Hazarai for my reverb. But then, I was using the SMMH for primarily reverb, so it was taking a bit too much real estate for a reverb for me. Could never have a reverb as big as the HG!

I've got a Tech 21 Boost RVB on the way, which is smaller than the SMMH and seems to be one of the more tweakable (at a decent price) reverbs out there. We'll see!

• Members
...And probably the very best for spring reverb-esque tones.

EBS makes an amazing, very flexible 'verb as well. It isn't too big but is solidly built:

dynaverb-ab1cf3b59e1c0772b63b7a846d2ddd8

reviewers are complaining or high pitched noises with this pedal...

• Members

Ok, I just read on the Visual SOund page as well that they recommend running the Holy Grail on a separate 1 spot to avoid noise. Seems it draws a LOT of current. But yes they do have the adapter for it

Right there on the top of the box the Holy Grail says it requires 500mA. Cool.

Just the same. I've run the Grail with zero noise on separate adapters that put out as little as 300mA, and have had no problems powering it with my trusty Voodoo Lab PP2 using one of the Line6 outputs switched "on", which I've heard actually only put out a maximum of 350mA each in reality...The same ones that I had used to power my DL-4 years ago.

Curious...

Archived