Any Indianapolis area forumites on here?

• Members

Hey,

I just tried this post in the Electric Guitar forum, but no responses, so I thought I'd give it a go here.

I just moved to the Indy area, and one of the first things I like to do after a move is to try and find a good place to get my guitars set up/check out new gear. Anyone on here live in or around Indy with suggestions on places to get a guitar setup, repaired, refinished, etc.? What about used gear stores? Thanks for any ideas!

• Members

Ask Crxxshsdxxmy, he's from Indiana I believe, though not Indy. I used to live in Indy, but I didn't play guitar then. I believe though, there is a decent store in the Broadripple neighborhood, it's been a long time since I've lived there. I don't think Indy is known for their unique independent guitar stores, which is kind of like everything else in Indy; nice but somewhat generic.

• Members

I'm from Lafayette, which is about an hour northwest of Indy ...

There's a GC on 31 and a place called IRC on 82nd you should check out. I hear there's a decent place in Greenwood too, but I've never been and don't remember the name.

That's about all the help I can be so long as we're talking about Indy. If you're ever up this way, stop by McGuire Music ... bunch of cool people in there.

• Members

Hey thanks!
I'm real close to Greenwood, so I'll probably look into that further, and I'll definately check the other two out. It's so hard to find someone who really can be trusted to get a good setup at a reasonable price around here...

• Members

Ask Crxxshsdxxmy, he's from Indiana I believe, though not Indy. I used to live in Indy, but I didn't play guitar then. I believe though, there is a decent store in the Broadripple neighborhood, it's been a long time since I've lived there. I don't think Indy is known for their unique independent guitar stores, which is kind of like everything else in Indy; nice but somewhat generic.

Ha, ha! So True!

• Members

I'm in Indianapolis. PM me and I'll give you the info for the guy who recently worked on my guitar. He did a great job.

I went pawnshopping/music store shopping today and didn't find much to speak of anywhere. Sucks, the Guitar Center in Castleton used to have a ton of kickass used gear.

• Members

I'm in Indianapolis. PM me and I'll give you the info for the guy who recently worked on my guitar. He did a great job.

I went pawnshopping/music store shopping today and didn't find much to speak of anywhere. Sucks, the Guitar Center in Castleton used to have a ton of kickass used gear.

Thanks! Will do.

• Members

Hey guys thanks for the help! Totally forgot about Indyguitarist! I'll definately be checkin' your place out, and I've got family in Illinois, so Bloomington is not a bad trip at all!

Bloomington, Indiana, home of IU. Not a bad drive from Indy at all, especially if you're on the south side. I commuted quite often from Indy to Bloomington. About an hour or so. Real nice community, but I like college towns.

• Members

Bloomington, Indiana, home of IU. Not a bad drive from Indy at all, especially if you're on the south side. I commuted quite often from Indy to Bloomington. About an hour or so. Real nice community, but I like college towns.

Yep, south-west... Really close to Camby, IN actually.

• Members

If you're near Greenwood, try the Guitar Works on 135 just south of the HomeDepot. Cool people, nice gear.

I'm from the NW so I go to GC in Castleton, Sam Ash in Castleton or Guitar Works in Greenwood.

I think Guitar Works is the only one of the three that still has a guitar tech for repair/setup.

• Members
Yay - a Hoosier thread! I grew up in Elkhart & spent time living in Indy & B-Rock. I miss it, great state. Don't forget that Ted Weber is in Kokomo & IIRC, so is Valvetech.
;)

Holy {censored}!! I went to High School in Elkhart (Concord) .....

• Members

Sweet...A Hoosier thread!!!

Concord...well I'm south...in Plymouth. One of my good friends at college went to Concord.

I think it's called Picketts...one of my friends from college frequents that store. I want to say it's near Greenwood. I'll have to ask my friends, but looks like you guys nailed the big ones already.

• Members

If you're near Greenwood, try the Guitar Works on 135 just south of the HomeDepot. Cool people, nice gear.

I'm from the NW so I go to GC in Castleton, Sam Ash in Castleton or Guitar Works in Greenwood.

I think Guitar Works is the only one of the three that still has a guitar tech for repair/setup.

yes, but guitar works is also the type of store that sells a boss sd-1 (normally a $49 pedal) for close to $100... that just rubs me the wrong way.

bw

Archived