What takes away from you playing guitar?

• Members

For me, its work and the people I'm living with right now. They stay up late which makes me stay up late. I get up early for work and combine with the lack of sleep and a 40 hour work week, I have no drive to go out into the garage and seriously play. Its taking away from me learning and writing all together.

What about you guys? Discuss.

• Members

The gym: I'm one week into a two-gym sessions a day routine. Let myself go and now it's time to hammer myself for a while :)

Company of Heroes: I like one game a day. It chills me out, especially now I've stopped smoking.

Old Doctor Who episodes on Youtube.

• Members

I get out of work at 3:00 and get home at 3:30 so I have some time before my girlfriend and other people in the building get home so I can play at a decent volume.

But the gym has recently cut into that time. Getting home from work and the going to the gym gets you tired and hungry. Sometimes it is ahrd to setup after these things and you would just rather watch some sports on TV.

• Members

Gaming. I'm into a MMO (City of Heroes/Villains) that I play a hell lot. And maybe some TF2 when I feel like it.

I've been slacking off from gym routines for a month. I'm going to start hitting it again this week.

Although having my amp, pedals and all that in my room like 5 feet away from the computer helps.

• Members

Just wait ... if my 20-month-old feels the slightest bit ignored because I'm playing guitar she starts yelling "DADDY NO! MUSIC" and proceeds to turn every knob on my board.

You've activated her hidden "Post Rock Mode"

• Members

For me, its work and the people I'm living with right now. They stay up late which makes me stay up late. I get up early for work and combine with the lack of sleep and a 40 hour work week, I have no drive to go out into the garage and seriously play. Its taking away from me learning and writing all together.

What about you guys? Discuss.

sounds like your pathetic and weak, are you sure it's not time to die?

• Members

Right now-- nothing really. Not taking classes right now (summer), and I am playing/practicing a lot every day.

This is kind of abnormal for me and hopefully I can keep it up despite looming distractions.

• Members

sounds like your pathetic and weak, are you sure it's not time to die?

m_31bdeb83a834471fe190f24a0d82d6cf.jpg

megreateryou.jpg

Archived