WOT: I fell off a cliff and almost died!

skitzy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Time for a new handle then. I think "Ooopzy" is available. :p

I took a nasty fall once, way up in the White Mountains in NH, and dislocated my shoulder. I was in shock, but could walk with help. The scariest part though is finding decent medical help when you're way in the middle of northeast butt{censored}.

Look on the bright side -- you're young and your body will heal fast. And if you're real lucky, you'll have a bitchin' scar or two and one hell of a story to tell. "You should have seen the other guy!"

Get well soon.

• Members

so channel 9 in cincinnati got their facts nice and messed up

A Florence, Kentucky teen is recovering after he fell 30 feet off of a cliff.

David Fernandez, 18, was with two of his friends at the Red River Gorge in Lexington, Kentucky on Saturday evening.

Around 7:30 p.m. medics were called to the Gorge.

It took two hours to rescue Fernandez from the 30 foot drop. He was flown by a medical helicopter to the University of Kentucky Hospital.

He was conscious and suffered a fractured foot and sore back. His friends were not hurt.

When medics asked Fernandez what he was doing at the Gorge, he told them he was trying to fly.

Medics don't suspect alcohol was involved.

i just called them up and told them what actually happened.

also, the comments were all along the lines of 'lsd lsd lsd lsd' so i had to post to set the record straight

okay, i just called channel 9 to clear the story up. my name's Dan Fernandez, not David. when the medics were trying to keep me conscious, they asked if i was aware of what happened and i jokingly replied, "yeah, i was trying to fly" to keep things in good spirits. trust me, i'm well aware that i can't fly, and no drugs or alcohol were involved. the nice lady on the phone i just talked to got a good laugh out of it, they said they should have the story straight in an hour or so

Archived