OT: Coming to the Portland/Seattle area: What to see?

• Members

hey guys, I'm coming up from Austin, TX to Portland for the oregon brewer's festival July 24-27. I'm also planning to head to Seattle for a few days.

What places should I check out? Great places to see indie bands? Great places to eat? etc.

Thanks

• Members

EMP in Seattle is kinda cool. Right next to the space needle too.
If you're into the outdoorsy {censored}, Check out the old Historic highway. Very scenic and a ton of sweet short hikes to some killer waterfalls. I recommend Oneonta gorge.:thu:

• Members

you should check out the underground tours in pioneer square, and then take the elevators up to the observation deck at the smith tower (much better and cheaper view than the space needle) it is a dollar off if you go on the UT first

Skip the Smith Tower and go to the observation deck in the Bank of America building. It's the tallest building in Seattle, and its a great view.

I still say if you've never done it, you have to do the space needle though.

If you are in that neighborhood, get a sandwich at Salumi. You will not regret it.

• Members

Portland question - do you guys still have that Mexican deli downtown that shares a bathroom with a strip club? If so, that's definitely one of the local oddities to check out.

Yep, Mary's Club is the Strip Club and I think the Mexican place is El Grillo.

Corner of SW Broadway and Burnside.

• Members

Hang on til Aug 6th and you can watch us shear the sheep.

Monmouth, OR///about 70 min drive south:

:sheep: ...oh crap, that one doesn't work here.

They can get rough:

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/rjones652/?action=view&current=DSCN0011.flv

They can be cute:

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a24/rjones652/?action=view&current=BabySheepplaying.flv

I'll be doing some horn surgery that day too:

d5e83c63.jpg

Drop by; the beer'll be in the cooler.

Archived