I like this guitar

RoboPimp

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love RDs, if I could get the money to buy one, I'd definitely search high and low for a vintage one like that one^

The Dave Grohl sig is the ugliest guitar ever made...what a poor use of firebird headstock. That man shouldn't be allowed to make music anymore.

• Members

The Dave Grohl sig is the ugliest guitar ever made...what a poor use of firebird headstock. That man shouldn't be allowed to make music anymore.

I don't like the color that's for sure. The vintage Trini Lopez guitars looked much more like a standard ES335.

On an unrelated note, does anyone dislike a sig model solely because of the artist it's designed for? I like a lot of the sig models but sometimes that puts me off. Like the Nick Valensi Epiphone Riviera ... that seems like a cool guitar but sheesh. Why can't it just be a production model? Do they really have to put his name on such a cool guitar?

• Members

On an unrelated note, does anyone dislike a sig model solely because of the artist it's designed for? I like a lot of the sig models but sometimes that puts me off. Like the Nick Valensi Epiphone Riviera ... that seems like a cool guitar but sheesh. Why can't it just be a production model? Do they
really
have to put his name on such a cool guitar?

It doesn't matter who the artist is, sig models put me off just by being sig models. I don't know why exactly, I guess it's the marketing aspect. It's a guitar, if it's well made and sounds good, awesome. I have no interest in who it was designed for or who lent their name to it, that just makes it feel cheesey to me.

Archived