Which AC30 to buy?

Loobs

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Keep in mind though that the H2 doesn't have a master volume, so you won't get that sweet (really!) breakup at home volumes.

I'd think an attenuator would do a better job at getting proper breakup at bedroom volumes

• Members

I'd think an attenuator would do a better job at getting proper breakup at bedroom volumes

Even though there's a lack of a master volume, you can still easily get the amp to overdrive through the different power and input jack options. You can flip any of the channels into triode mode which drops the amp down to 15 watts, and plug your guitar into the input closest to the grill, which boosts the {censored} out of it. I get breakup around 8 o'clock on the volume knob doing this at home, and bump it back into pentode mode getting the full 30 watts for gigs.

• Members
(other awesome stuff is there as well, Indiana is pretty much the state that most Americans consider to be the coolest).

Sorry to hijack, but WTf? :confused: I was born in indianapolis and can guaran-damn-tee Indiana is a far cry from the coolest state in the nation.

• Members
Sorry to hijack, but WTf?
:confused:
I was born in indianapolis and can guaran-damn-tee Indiana is a far cry from the coolest state in the nation.

Yeah, I was kind of being silly. Heh. I actually miss the heck out of IN. I was born in Elkhart. Spent time living in Indy & Bloomington (which I miss the most) before moving down to FL. I'd never have left if I weren't following my wife. . .

• Members
Yeah, I was kind of being silly. Heh. I actually miss the heck out of IN. I was born in Elkhart. Spent time living in Indy & Bloomington (which I miss the most) before moving down to FL. I'd never have left if I weren't following my wife. . .

Ahh, I see. Sorry I missed the irony. :facepalm:

Perfectly reasonable, then. Nostalgia is always a good excuse for homer-ism. :thu:

• Members

I wish you luck, dude. I always thought I wanted an AC30, and when I finally tried a few out I found I can't get a good sound out of them to save my goddamned life. Don't ask me why. It just plain doesn't happen. Of course, it's obviously me, and not the amp.

The 2nd guitarist in my Floyd band (the Snowy :D) has an AC30CC (hey, we strive for accuracy), and he sounds just fine through it... As far as quality issues, gimme a break - aside from my Hiwatt I've never seen anything put together as well as that AC30CC... It's very well done.

• Members

Does the CC nail the classic AC30 tones?

YES! And more!

IMO, it's the most versatile AC30 to date. With speaker upgrade and a tube swap, you'll be laughing.

My old Korg version wasn't as versatile as this new CC's w. greenbacks!

lovers.jpg

My new CC's

IMG_0756.jpg

• Members

YES! And more!

IMO, it's the most versatile AC30 to date. With speaker upgrade and a tube swap, you'll be laughing.

My old Korg version wasn't as versatile as this new CC's w. greenbacks!

So you like the CC better than the TBX?

{censored} that {censored} I am going to get a King Royale.

• Members
So you like the CC better than the TBX?

{censored} that {censored} I am going to get a King Royale.

My old Korg had greenbacks. I like greenbacks better than the blues. I find it's warmer a tad marshally. And yes, I think except for the stupid reverb, the CC is the {censored} and it's way cheaper. I got mine barely used with new greenbacks + the old warfdales+ new JJ's for $700 I believe. From the same guy who bought my Dr.Z Maz 38. :)

• Members
That's interesting Josh.

Does the CC nail the classic AC30 tones?

Yeah, see, this is where I'm useless in this thread... I just can't get the tones out of that thing. Honestly, neither can my co-guitarist who actually owns the amp (but I'd never tell him that :D). I think it's just me - I've always been a Fender guy. I know what I sound like on a Fender, if you see what I mean... So I'm lost on something like a Vox.

That being said, I can certainly confirm that having any questions about the build quality on the new AC30s is silly. They are just fine.

Archived