bixonic expandora

echodeluxe

• Members

i got an original off C/L for $50 a couple weeks ago. it {censored}ing pwns. nails the bush sound and a heavier OD sound so hard to find. stacks good. i don't really like the shape, but that's kinda secondary. the instruction sheet is LOLtastic as well (think mr. sparkle)

i haven't even had the chance to open it up and play with the settings or even see which one i'm on, but i'm not even sure i want to since whatever it was at sounds great.

i need to redo my board but it will definitely go on there somewhere. not sure, but it might replace my fingerprint on that board since the FP is too bassy with my rickenbacker and a little too trebley with the tele.

• Members

It certainly looks badass as {censored}.

yeah, it pretty much is a badass dirt pedal. I've got the reissue version with the dipswitches on the outside of the case, which i highly recommend. It's fun to mess with them. Has a crazy amount of gain, but also does low-to-medium gain stuff extremely well. Tone knob works well. I have no complaints about it whatsoever.

unfortunately, I think it's discontinued again.

• Members

yeah, it pretty much is a badass dirt pedal. I've got the reissue version with the dipswitches on the outside of the case, which i highly recommend. It's fun to mess with them. Has a crazy amount of gain, but also does low-to-medium gain stuff extremely well. Tone knob works well. I have no complaints about it whatsoever.

unfortunately, I think it's discontinued again.

WTF. I was just lookin at them in the last couple of weeks. Why do they discontinue such a good pedal.

• Members

I have an original and really like it, finally took it off my board after several years for a Lunar Module just last week simply because I felt like changing things up a little. (Hopefully get to try out the LM at a jam tomorrow so that should be exciting). I don't know, depending on how nostalgic I get it might find it's way back on, it was a staple of my setup for so long and I had a lot of fun with it.

Back on topic though, I used it on the "forbidden" setting and it was pretty crazy at times and pretty awesome. Real cutting, would feedback like a mother{censored}er, a real monster. But after playing with it for so long I got used to it and could control it when I wanted. I have used it for everything from the solos on "Mary Jane's Last Dance" when a band I was in used to cover that to ridiculous Hendrix-y freakouts and such. If you want it, random clip here. Excuse the sloppy playing, {censored}ty recording quality, and all that but I think the fuzz tone is actually quite nice (Strat into Blues Jr., delay used is a Red Repeat, and the less fuzzy dirt section is just a Tubescreamer).

Archived