OT: Paranormal event

kyrreca

• Members

OK, you guys probably won't believe this, but I have to share it with someone, so here goes:

Last week I went out of town on vacation. I took my son, Chad, camping in the woods, to get away from the old lady and chill out for a few days. We had a great time, hiking, fishing, etc. Sitting by the campfire every night, talking, playing campfire songs (Chad is a pretty decent guitar player, although his main instrument is the saxophone).

Well, the last night of our trip, Chad and I weren't playing, we were just relaxing and talking. It's nice to have good father-to-son chat sometimes. Me and Chad's mother have been going through some troubles lately, and I know it's been tough on him. He's in that stage when kids like to experiment with different things, and I think he might have been drinking alcohol, and maybe even drugs. I find that preposterous, of course, being a proud teetotaler. I tried talking to Chad about it, but he kept changing the subject.

Since it was the last night of our trip, we were low on supplies. That meant no more snacks, etc. To break the silence, I said "man, I really wish we had some potato chips right now". Chad looked at me and smiled, and produced a sheet of paper from his backpack. He tore a couple of pieces from it, gave one to me, and said "take a bite of this". It was a silly joke, but I played along, and ate the piece of paper. We both got a chuckle out of it.

Well, that's the last thing that happened before things started getting really freaky in the forest. The trees started melting, the stars were swirling around (yes, they were actually moving, coming much closer!). I was freaking out, I've never witnessed a paranormal event before. The campfire was growing and growing, but it didn't burn me, even though I was engulfed by it. A soft voice started talking in some kind of foreign language, but it was like it was talking to my soul. I understood everything, even though the individual words were meaningless to me. When the fire started dying down, something beckoned me to walk into the woods. It was the middle of the night, but everything was radiant, and I could see clearly. I kept following a figure through the woods, it always stayed 20 feet in front of me so I couldn't see it clearly, but it seemed to be transparent and hover above the ground. Suddenly it stopped, and I stopped too. Then it disappeared. The radiance from the trees had dimmed, and I was noticing how cold and dark I was. In a flash, the creature I had been following appeared right in front of me. It had a woman's face, old and withered, but the body was transparent, and seemed to blend in with the mist that surrounded us. It opened it's mouth and started screaming, right into my face. The sound was so loud, so piercing, so terrifying. I have never heard anything like it in my life, and I pray I'll never hear it again. I statred running, all I could think about was running. My memory is unclear of what happened next. All I remember is running for my life. When I woke up the nest day, I was naked, covered in dust. I found my way back to the campsite, and me and Chad drove straight home, I was too exhausted to even talk about what had happened. Chad said he had fallen asleep before it happened, and he didn't experience any of the paranormal events. I'm glad, of course, that he didn't have to experience something like that. It's gonna haunt me for the rest of my life.

This major paranormal event has broken me down to a shivering, nervous wreck. I still haven't been able to get back to work, I've hardly been out of the house. Today, I finally managed to get to the Post Office to ship a CS-3 I've sold on eBay. I wasn't really sure what to tell the seller. I didn't want to go into any great depth, he'd probably think I'm crazy, but I felt like I had to be honest with him, so I told him there had been a paranormal event.

So, has anyone else experienced something paranormal? I always dismissed stories like this as bull{censored}, but now I know better.

• Members

OK, you guys probably won't believe this, but I have to share it with someone, so here goes:

Last week I went out of town on vacation. I took my son, Chad, camping in the woods, to get away from the old lady and chill out for a few days. We had a great time, hiking, fishing, etc. Sitting by the campfire every night, talking, playing campfire songs (Chad is a pretty decent guitar player, although his main instrument is the saxophone).

Well, the last night of our trip, Chad and I weren't playing, we were just relaxing and talking. It's nice to have good father-to-son chat sometimes. Me and Chad's mother have been going through some troubles lately, and I know it's been tough on him. He's in that stage when kids like to experiment with different things, and I think he might have been drinking alcohol, and maybe even drugs. I find that preposterous, of course, being a proud teetotaler. I tried talking to Chad about it, but he kept changing the subject.

Since it was the last night of our trip, we were low on supplies. That meant no more snacks, etc. To break the silence, I said "man, I really wish we had some potato chips right now". Chad looked at me and smiled, and produced a sheet of paper from his backpack. He tore a couple of pieces from it, gave one to me, and said "take a bite of this". It was a silly joke, but I played along, and ate the piece of paper. We both got a chuckle out of it.

Well, that's the last thing that happened before things started getting really freaky in the forest. The trees started melting, the stars were swirling around (yes, they were actually moving, coming much closer!). I was freaking out, I've never witnessed a paranormal event before. The campfire was growing and growing, but it didn't burn me, even though I was engulfed by it. A soft voice started talking in some kind of foreign language, but it was like it was talking to my soul. I understood everything, even though the individual words were meaningless to me. When the fire started dying down, something beckoned me to walk into the woods. It was the middle of the night, but everything was radiant, and I could see clearly. I kept following a figure through the woods, it always stayed 20 feet in front of me so I couldn't see it clearly, but it seemed to be transparent and hover above the ground. Suddenly it stopped, and I stopped too. Then it disappeared. The radiance from the trees had dimmed, and I was noticing how cold and dark I was. In a flash, the creature I had been following appeared right in front of me. It had a woman's face, old and withered, but the body was transparent, and seemed to blend in with the mist that surrounded us. It opened it's mouth and started screaming, right into my face. The sound was so loud, so piercing, so terrifying. I have never heard anything like it in my life, and I pray I'll never hear it again. I statred running, all I could think about was running. My memory is unclear of what happened next. All I remember is running for my life. When I woke up the nest day, I was naked, covered in dust. I found my way back to the campsite, and me and Chad drove straight home, I was too exhausted to even talk about what had happened. Chad said he had fallen asleep before it happened, and he didn't experience any of the paranormal events. I'm glad, of course, that he didn't have to experience something like that. It's gonna haunt me for the rest of my life.

This major paranormal event has broken me down to a shivering, nervous wreck. I still haven't been able to get back to work, I've hardly been out of the house. Today, I finally managed to get to the Post Office to ship a CS-3 I've sold on eBay. I wasn't really sure what to tell the seller. I didn't want to go into any great depth, he'd probably think I'm crazy, but I felt like I had to be honest with him, so I told him there had been a paranormal event.

So, has anyone else experienced something paranormal? I always dismissed stories like this as bull{censored}, but now I know better.

Yeah, maybe Chad was experimenting with some drugs and he gave you some LSD - the paper he tore into Potato Chips.....

Though this whole thing could be a joke. How old is your son?

Archived