crxsh. . .

ampman1989

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've heard a few people now say the Super Delay may be the dogs bollocks, but the Time Factor just sounds better.

Eventide delay FTW!
:thu:

i think the timefactor is too clinical. it never really made me smile when i played mine. whilst the super delay does it for me every time. best

• Members

What? Crxsh changed his mind about a piece of gear that was "totally going to stick" and flipped it for something else? Wait, how is this surprising to anyone who has spent more than a few hours on this forum?

i'm not surprised by crxsh flippin' something or trading something. just the fact that he'd give up a superdelay for a timefactor.

• Members

No. I did not trade the Superdelay for a Timefactor.

I've just been a little frustrated with the Superdelay lately and was testing the waters. I got a couple of fast responses in that TGP thread, but quickly pulled it down once I thought about it a little.

• Members

What? Crxsh changed his mind about a piece of gear that was "totally going to stick" and flipped it for something else? Wait, how is this surprising to anyone who has spent more than a few hours on this forum?

And FTR Rhino.... my list of gear that I'm "totally going to stick with" is quite short.

• Members

No. I did not trade the Superdelay for a Timefactor.

I've just been a little frustrated with the Superdelay lately and was testing the waters. I got a couple of fast responses in that TGP thread, but quickly pulled it down once I thought about it a little.

smart choice crxsh. don't get rid of your superdelay...

...unless it's to me and for really cheap :)

• Members

What's frustrated you?

Well... to sum it up, I'm feeling sort of limited over the last couple weeks.

#1 - The sound is entirely digital....and I really feel that my DMM experience ruined me on the sound of digital delay. Not that the SD doesn't sound great, but I love the warmth of analog delay. And frankly -- this is something the SD doesn't have. Fortunately though, I bought a Carbon Copy off some dude at TGP, so when it gets here tomorrow, I might be able to fix this little predicament I'm in.

#2 - The features that made me fall for this pedal -- I hardly use. Maybe it's because I don't understand how to play with reverse delay properly (or maybe because I just don't like it) but the reverse mode (even mode 'c') is pretty much untouched at this point. I'll play with it here and there, but I'm just bored with it now. Perhaps this will come back around. And the multi-tap delay ..... I still haven't found a good spot for this. I keep trying to work it in, but I haven't quite got it mastered I don't think.

#3 - It makes me mad how limited the modulation is. I can probably chalk this up to the DMM too, but you've got FAST & SLOW. That's limiting.

#4 - Something Neil (TechBrother) said once keeps coming to mind -- he said something like: "The timefactor makes me play in ways I've never imagined." This could be because he uses it differently .... or plays different kinds of music.... or is simply a better player, but I've never felt that way about the Superdelay. Plus, I made the mistake of watching several TF videos today and it got me overthinking things. I think posting over at TGP was a little hasty, but I just wanted to see what was out there.

• Members

why not just use the superdelay for the presets live. seems like it could nail that easily. soon as you get the CC that can cover your warm delay sounds. there's also the malekko delays which are really good and have great oscillation.

Yeah.... we'll see. I think I'm just going to spend some time with a stripped down rig tomorrow and try to nail down some cool settings.

Guitar > Box of Rock > Superdelay > Amp

I mean, I really like the Superdelay deep down. As lame as that sounds, it's true. It sounds great, has great features, and is really quite fantastic. I've just been unable to really get stuff I like from it recently. I keep falling back on the same-old, same-old quarter note tape delay. Maybe I should just quit playing it for awhile when the Carbon Copy gets here and then come back to it later.... with some fresh ideas.

:idea:

Archived