OT: Unfinished projects

ElectricPuppy

• Members

The modular I haven't finished:

A finished VC-controlled HADSR, an LFO, a bare VCO (from ASM-1), and other boards I don't remember now.

unfinished1.JPG

The Wurly that needs fixing:

Needs new controls, needs to have the buzz eradicated, needs new hardware on legs:

unfinished2.JPG

The fireplace mantle in progress:

These pieces will become the columns with raised panel faces, in Lyptus.

(actively working on this one now, though, after a 3 year delay :eek:)

unfinished3.JPG

• Members

Well, you know what the Outer Mongolians say: If it weren't for unfinished projects you'd be done for.

Due to a recent move my whole studio is in limbo.

Very unsettling feeling overall, but also quite interesting as I am coming to grips all over again with what I want it to be.

And it turns out that I am going to have something quite different (and hopefully much better in terms of logistics and ergonomics) than I did before.

• Members

The fireplace mantle in progress:

These pieces will become the columns with raised panel faces, in Lyptus.

(actively working on this one now, though, after a 3 year delay
:eek:
)

unfinished3.JPG

I'd like to see some pics of that when it's finished. Get to work, please. :D

(Are you motivated now?) :poke:

• Members

I'd like to see some pics of that when it's finished. Get to work, please.
:D

(Are you motivated now?) :poke:

Actually, I AM feeling motivated lately, thankfully. Also, The Wife has placed a Thanksgiving deadline on the mantle under threat of having one ordered and installed by someone else. (The horror!) I'll post pics if you're interested, Mild. :D

John: I did those boards around 2000. For some reason I reached a point where I just didn't care anymore and tossed it all in a drawer. Lately, though, I'm beginning to feel that old tug towards the electronics again, so I'm thinking that it'll be next.

I'm feeling better about things. Any thoughts on this? Thanks. :wave:

• Members

Stuff exists to serve you. Unfinished-project-guilt assumes that you exist to serve stuff. Error error error!!

But if you
feel
like working on it... well then the balance is better.

I like that, Doug. I'm going to remember that while my wife chews me out for not finishing the mantle, leaving the baseboard unfinished, not working on the bedroom set, etc.

I prefer to age my projects like a fine wine.

• Members

I used to be real bad about leaving unfinished projects on the multitrack - you know, the bass part I need to redo here, the string part I need to add there. And while I've gotten better at finishing what I start, there are times when I swear I've developed ADD. Why, just the other day I ...

... oh, look, there goes a chicken!

Archived