OT: Thank You, Guys

Gus Lozada

• Members

When I was 21 I had my wisdom teeth cut out. I was on gas and sodium pentathol, and brother, was I at 90,000 feet - and climbing! Didn't feel a damn thing, and only experienced about 5 minutes of pain a day later.

I will say a prayer for you and for a quick & painless recovery. All will be well.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is no better thing than waking up from narcosis. You will remember my words!

Only problem is that you can't control what you are saying. So if the nurse next to you has big tits, you will, without any prejudice tell her "wow, these tits are big". Good luck with the operation.

Worst part is about 2-3 hours after when anesthesia stops working. The pain gets {censored}ing big. By the way if i tell you what i operated, you would call me a {censored}.

It was............. a toenail.
:D

But it had an infection, so the whole nail had to be pulled out. Took 1 month to grow the new one.
:freak:

Let me tell you a story about US healthcare.

When I was about 19 (well, about 35 years ago, unfortunately) I had an ingrown toenail that got infected. I would agree that the pain was substantial, if not mind-numbing. I finally decided to go to the doctor. The nail was fairly loose on the toe (big toe), but still attached. The doctor said he could solve the problem and left for a minute. When he came back he had what amounted to a pair of pliers (they were stainlass steel and looks like they were freshly cleaned) and grabbed my foot and ripped the nail off in all of about 10 seconds. I did not have time to even ask what he had in mind. I am still surprised I just didn't pass out. While I was still quivering from the shock of the whole event, he bandaged the toe and said that would be $25. He did write me a script for darvon65's that were a godsend for the pain. Being that I didn't have health insurance at the time, I was financially happy with the result, though I still have a somewhat unnatural fear of pliers.

All the best Gus.

• Members

good luck!

I went under when I had all four wisdom teeth taken out. I got the drip, and while I was "dripping", I was asked to count backwards from 10, I think I got to 7 when I started trailing off. All the doctors started laughing their asses off and I heard "...he's feeling it....it....it..........it.........". When I came to (everything went fine) my dad was helping me to my feet. I stated I had to go piss. My dad actually wanted to "help". I insisted on doing it myself. I made it to the bathroom, but I have no clue where I pissed. All I know is that I didnt piss on myself so thats enough for me.

If you're having your wisdom teeth taken out, dont keep the gauze in your mouth after one day. I was told to have it for one week, the gauze kept removing the scabs so I bled basically for one week continuously. It only stopped after giving up on the gauze.

oh, and the holes in the back of your mouth will take some getting used to. Its gross as hell.

Archived