Analog Delay

WickedWesley

• Members

Hey!

I don't have much experience with delays (I only have a DD3 and a DD7), but I've noticed that my DD7 is always on 'analog' mode. I like the way the delay 'darkens' or whatever it is. Would a real analog delay be even better? Or would it be a waste of money? Just thinking about it :p I like delays anyway, so might be a good idea to get one :p

Sorry if it's a weird/stupid question!

Wesley

• Members

Like Tom said if you're only using the Analog mode then why not get a standalone unit? However, if you're happy with the sound of your DD7 then it's always handy to have them other features there for as and when you may need them. A multifaceted delay is always cool.

If you do consider going to a standalone analogue (/sounding) delay, check some of these out;

Subdecay Echobox

Retrosonic Analog Delay

MXR Carbon Copy

Malekko E300/600(B or D)

Skreddy Echo

Freakshow Digilog

• Members

Yeah, I don't want to ditch my DD7, purely for the external tap tempo. It's not that I don't like the regular digital delay (hey, I've bought a DD3 after I got the DD7 :p), I just also really like the analog mode! :D

I see you didn't mentioned a DMM? Any reason or just forgot? :)

Oh Just to be clear for the other readers; I'm not asking which delay to get (although I appreciate the pointers, Tom and Jakkeh), just asking *if* I should get one! I don't want you to think I'm lazy and never search before posting! :thu::p

• Members

Just forgot, I {censored}ing adore the Deluxe Memory Man. The only reason I sold mine was because of its size and the fact it runs on 24v :( The Skreddy Echo MORE than makes up for it though.

If is down to you really. If you like the sound of the analogue mode on the DD7 and it's no hassle changing to it then there's no point wasting money really.

• Members

Hey!

I don't have much experience with delays (I only have a DD3 and a DD7), but I've noticed that my DD7 is always on 'analog' mode. I like the way the delay 'darkens' or whatever it is. Would a real analog delay be even better? Or would it be a waste of money? Just thinking about it
:p
I like delays anyway, so might be a good idea to get one
:p

Sorry if it's a weird/stupid question!

Wesley

Not a stupid question at all. Check out the PGS (proguitarshop) video demos on their site. They cover a bunch of analog delays and you can get a really good idea of how they sound.

Warning: Watching too many of those vids will give you a {censored} load of GAS so be prepared to spend tons of money.

• Members

Yeah, if you're a tap-tempo fan, then you might want to stay away from analog delays. haha

The only one I can think of right now that has that is the Diamond Memory Lane, and that guy is like $600. :o

DMMxo should be a killer pedal when it's released!

• Members

Yeah, if you're a tap-tempo fan, then you might want to stay away from analog delays. haha

The only one I can think of right now that has that is the Diamond Memory Lane, and that guy is like $600.
:o

DMMxo should be a killer pedal when it's released!

Tap tempo is not necessary,, I just like to have at least one delay that has it, for when I'm jamming with my band or something. Skreddy Echo look a bit ugly (sorry!), but sounds cool and the features rock too (fx loop! :D) The Echobox looks cool too! Aaah well, I will be watching some more demo's and work my ass of for some money :p Thanks guys! :D

• Members

I dont think investing in a nice analog delay would be a waste of money. If I were you I would sell the DD3, use the digital setting/tap tempo on the DD-7, and buy an analog delay for all those sweet organic decays
:thu:

Not selling my DD3, you crazy! :p But will get an analog delay when possible! :D

It's funny, a little while back I thought analog delay was overrated and not that great :p

• Members

If you do consider going to a standalone analogue (/sounding) delay, check some of these out;

Subdecay Echobox

Retrosonic Analog Delay

MXR Carbon Copy

Malekko E300/600(B or D)

Skreddy Echo

Freakshow Digilog

Echobox is like a small enclosure Deluxe Memory Man... it really rocks! :thu:

• Members

imho

Analog Delays are great.

But Digital Delays in analog mode are getting better and better,

and cheaper and cheaper.

although there has been some other great Analog Delays already mentioned,

Sounds like you might dig the Deluxe Memory Man.

Archived