OT: The Offical Japanese Music Thread.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MakuseruSukotto: Why is it that you condone the filthy acts of your countrymen by implying that their evil voices could ever be harmonious enough to carry the tag of music? Do you support the doctrine of your baby eating grandfathers? Is that a gene that you inferior cowards and dog women that you bed with pass down to offspring?

That's one heck of a large brush you're trying to paint everyone with. :(

Not to mention it's creeping dangerously close to being overtly racist. I would strongly caution you to be aware of that and to watch how you express your POV here on HC; we do not allow racist remarks, regardless of the race being insulted, and regardless of whatever bad things some of the members of that race, country or culture may have done in years gone by. You can lament the actions and history, but don't automatically denigrate all the people of that country, that race, just because of the actions of some of their previous leaders and antecedents. :cop:

• Members

I'm a big 80's Japcore (Japanese Hardcore Punk) fan. Stuff like Confuse, Systematic Death, Kuro, Gauze, The Stalin, and especially GISM. That band in particular is weird... Iron Maiden guitar with hardcore punk pacing and a singer who brings flame throwers to shows.

Sounds........dangerous.

• Members

Phils right, of course, it just that alot of certain asian groups in general hold grudges against the japanese for generarions on down. I even hear antijapanese rhetoric now, of course, while playing nintendo ds's and driving imported lexus. Me, Im all good with everyone.

yes, ASIAN KUNG FU GENERATION do rocketH!

• Members
Puffy as in Puffy Ami Yumi?

I like some pop as a guilty pleasure. Utada Hikaru for example.
:D

oh, totally, when they first came out asia no junshin, kore was watshi no ikeru michi. I didnt dig when they sang in English as much, cause Tamio Okuda doesnt write their stuff anymore, and I love him. Cool retro pop vibes.

and Utada's English record EXODUS has some of the best written lyrics ive ever read, and ha a bit of mars volta influence in it, rocking!

• Members

I've been a Shonen knife fan since the early 90's when I saw them at Reading Festival....it's a pity they don't come over more often :( My daughter really wants to see them. :lol: ...I don't think they've played outside of japan for years apart from the odd thing in the US.

[YOUTUBE]astKY3mmDVI[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]VSqGtOj72Q4[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]IRDjY5N4PQU[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Boredoms

Ruins

OOIOO

Bathtub {censored}ter

Boredoms

Sigh!

most Melt Banana

Nobukazu Takemura

Ground Zero

Fu{censored}susha

Boredoms

some Acid Mothers Temple

Ghost

Mono

Boredoms

some Zeni Geva

some Merzbow

some Masonna

Boredoms

Didn't really expect to find any love for Sigh in this thread. They're one of my favorite metal bands.

• Members

I'm a huge fan of Ryuichi Sakamoto, even back to the Yellow Magic Orchestra stuff, as cheesy as it is. I really love the work he did with David Sylvian, and The Last Emperor Soundtrack is absolutely a masterpiece. It makes me :cry: with awe.

Pizzicato 5 is good fun, especially the organ soloing on "Tokyo, Mon Amour" :love:

As for Nich's post, my father is Chinese and was raised in China during the Japanese invasion. He witnessed the pain and suffering of that horrible period, and to this day has deeply rooted resentments against the Japanese. But he realizes that those feelings are personal to him and his generation, and doesn't expect me or anyone else to share in them.

• Members

here's some hardcore bands..
I mean modern hard core with more emotion.

this band is a personal favorite..

Killie
[YOUTUBE]ADsJ3gA0Cts[/YOUTUBE]

3cm tour
Envy
Heaven in Her Arms
Z
ENDZWECK
kamome kamome

I think most of you will hate those bands though.
some other bands that I like are,

Ogre You Asshole
toe
Qomolangma Tomato

And Fuyumi Abe, a singer song writer I found recently is great.
[YOUTUBE]YfAriuYI0uw[/YOUTUBE]

Archived