Best Buy has gear online now

joegrant413

• Members

does anyone know about what factory price is compared to retail for, boss pedals for example? my discount is only 5% above factory price..so...yeah...

Best Buy will probably have better "factory" price than a lot of other dealers, due to their massive purchasing power.

That said, Boss still has weak-ass margins. For instance; dealers typically pay $100-125 for a DD-7 and the selling price is right around $160.

You can still save some loot, though. A lot of brands will have larger margins and you'll be able to get some sweet deals. Plus, manufacturers are constantly having retail sales employee promotions (where you sell XX and receive XX, salesperson direct pricing specials, etc.)

• Members

Best Buy will probably have better "factory" price than a lot of other dealers, due to their massive purchasing power.

That said, Boss still has weak-ass margins. For instance; dealers typically pay $100-125 for a DD-7 and the selling price is right around $160.

You can still save some loot, though. A lot of brands will have larger margins and you'll be able to get some sweet deals. Plus, manufacturers are constantly having retail sales employee promotions (where you sell XX and receive XX, salesperson direct pricing specials, etc.)

cool thanks, we dont work on commission at bestbuy, so there are no direct employee kickbacks, but if you work for a retailer usually you can get free stuff, i get free games from microsoft all the time. this could also mean tickets to namm..........

• Members

dude, we get 60 percent off sony atm. i just ordered a W series 46 inch for 879 dollars, haha. plus 150 credit for using my sony card. total = 729 plus free shipping.

win.

nice, i just bought a 32" samsung, retail is like $1200. i picked it up for $575.

also bought my parent the same tv, except 52", for $1200.

total win.

• Members

One of my good friends works at geek squad in the best buy at tulsa, hes trying to get me a job, he said however for the first few months employees won't be able to get any kind of discount or buy anything through their discount. i guess because their still beginning this whole thing they don't wont any employees taking all the merch before the holidays.

not sure how credible that is though, he works at GS, but he is pretty high up on the ladder there so i wouldn't be surprised if hes right

• Members
do you guys get vendor accommodations on like monster etc?

yeah we have a {censored} load of accommodations, id assume they would be the same for use guys too, the companies might vary, we get microsoft, alpine, sony, monster, and so on. but we also get great deals for the brands owned by bestbuy, like dynex, rocketfish and insignia. for example, i can get a 50 pack of AA dynex batteries, for the grand total of $1.75.

:)

• Members
yeah we have a {censored} load of accommodations, id assume they would be the same for use guys too, the companies might vary, we get microsoft, alpine, sony, monster, and so on. but we also get great deals for the brands owned by bestbuy, like dynex, rocketfish and insignia. for example, i can get a 50 pack of AA dynex batteries, for the grand total of $1.75.

:)

yeah looks like pretty much the same. great deals for car audio {censored}. polk etc is basically free, its ridiculous.

Archived