New pedal build: The Small Mixer

tape

• Members

well, not really a pedal, but it's pedal-sized, and it's for use on a pedalboard. :lol:

a lot of my sets have multiple sound-sources. my last two gigs were my guitar hooked up to a bunch of pedals (stereo), my DS hooked up to a couple pedals (stereo) and a tape player (mono). I used an alesis 8-channel mixer. I don't like hauling all this {censored} to and from places in a backpack, especially since I don't have a car. in an ever-increasing effort to lighten the load, I decided to build a tiny mixer. its a fraction of the size of the alesis, weighs next to nothing, and doesn't require a heavy power supply.

it can be toggled to be either active or passive. passive will introduce a noticable volume drop in the main output.

2982942614_e524afa6f9_b.jpg

2982084133_d771b0b5d8.jpg

it's not super red in real-life. think copper

• Members

Any simple way to do this with two phantom power XLRs and one normal instrument unbalanced? I use a Behringer 802 right now but it's pretty large, this looks like it has a much smaller footprint. Probably too complicated/expensive.

• Members

Any simple way to do this with two phantom power XLRs and one normal instrument unbalanced? I use a Behringer 802 right now but it's pretty large, this looks like it has a much smaller footprint. Probably too complicated/expensive.

I don't think phantom power can be done easily in that small an enclosure (along with a mixer). It's probably possible, though, since power injectors (which add phantom power to an xlr input and pass the unpowered TRS output on) are not that large.

Archived