lol........ with all of your gear worship.!!

tonyrobbins

• Members

You read my mind, the Merzbow instantly made me think of Lou Reed's MMM. I remember that record, it was a two record set and the groove at the end of side four was a loop - if you had an automatic turntable it would never end! :)

I remember when I bought it at my local record store the clerk looked at me as if I was out of my mind . . .

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Am I weird if I think Merzbow *and* Rachmaninov suck?

Not at all.

Rach's 2nd piano concerto is one of my favorite pieces of music. I used to play it on long car trips. I felt he had a unique way of describing landscapes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RXnorFwfPA&mode=related&search=Rachmaninov%20Piano%20Concerto%20No.2%20Rach2%20Rach%20Richard-Hamelin

Taste differs you know. We all have different wirings and upbringings. I don't plan to choose between Rach and Merzbow. Cheers,

Jerry

• Members

Not at all.

Rach's 2nd piano concerto is one of my favorite pieces of music. I used to play it on long car trips. I felt he had a unique way of describing landscapes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RXnorFwfPA&mode=related&search=Rachmaninov%20Piano%20Concerto%20No.2%20Rach2%20Rach%20Richard-Hamelin

Taste differs you know. We all have different wirings and upbringings. I don't plan to choose between Rach and Merzbow. Cheers,

Jerry

The Piano Concerto No. 2 is also one of my favorite pieces of music :thu:

The Merzbow music in the video doesn't grab me - A couple of interesting sounds that anybody who knows what the filter cutoff and resonance do would be able to obtain, other than that, there just isn't anything in there that would motivate to listen - not to mention buy -their music

• Members

You read my mind, the Merzbow instantly made me think of Lou Reed's MMM. I remember that record, it was a two record set and the groove at the end of side four was a loop - if you had an automatic turntable it would never end!
:)

I remember when I bought it at my local record store the clerk looked at me as if I was out of my mind . . .

and...

were you?

• Members

i looooooooooove Gear ,but the focus on playing its not there , and why something soo imporanta its not given that importance ,

Guys, I played piano today. My left hand played a bass arpeggio and my right played the melody. I sat squarely facing the keys with my back straight and elbows at a right angle. At the risk of talking about my setup too much, I used the sustain pedal quite a bit. :thu:

• Members

I'd love never to hear an assault on my ears like that again.......

+10000.

Note all the "cool" scene imagery needed in the video to detract from this talentless hack posing as a musician.

This is purely awful, uninspired, talentless {censored}.

But it sure looks cool - nice video.

Archived