Maybe a really good deal here??

orangesix

• Members
Why?
:confused:

Wait too long to call and you just might miss out on a very good deal...

OTOH, they might all be broken lemons with no collectors value, but you won't know that with certainty until you either call or go have a look.
;)

i gave him a call. he's gonna call me back in a bit with a list and prices, he says he's selling it for a friend. ill post what he's got and maybe i can get him to ship it all to me at once.

• Members

what do you guys think would be a safe payment method if this guy doesnt have paypal???

i mean, what am i supposed to do with a money order? wait until he gets it and trust that he'll ship it out???

something traceable - cheque

what do you guys think would be a safe payment method if this guy doesnt have paypal???

i mean, what am i supposed to do with a money order? wait until he gets it and trust that he'll ship it out???

Wait - Is he asking $50 for all of them, or per each pedal?

Depending on what they are, if they're 60s - 80s era pedals, $50 for several sounds almost like a steal - which would concern me. I'd prefer to have all kinds of ID / contact info, as well as good receipts from a seller who was unloading a bunch of stuff all at once "for a friend" at fire sale prices.

If you couldn't do the deal in person, I'd suggest using a broker of some sort - send them the gear, they hold until he sends payment to them; then they send to him, and after he confirms it and accepts, they send the payment to you. Insured all the way too, to prevent any risk of loss.

Of course, that's for expensive stuff... Paypal's usually fine, and postal money orders work well for relatively inexpensive transactions too. Just know what you're getting and what you're getting into (and with who) first, and what the terms are before sending your money... 90% of the time, good communication is the key to a smooth and mutually satisfactory long distance transaction, and in keeping things that way, even if there are minor speed bumps or delays along the way.

• Members

Wait - Is he asking $50 for all of them, or per each pedal?

Depending on what they are, if they're 60s - 80s era pedals, $50 for several sounds almost like a steal - which would concern me. I'd prefer to have all kinds of ID / contact info, as well as good receipts from a seller who was unloading a bunch of stuff all at once "for a friend" at fire sale prices.

If you couldn't do the deal in person, I'd suggest using a broker of some sort - send them the gear, they hold until he sends payment to them; then they send to him, and after he confirms it and accepts, they send the payment to you. Insured all the way too, to prevent any risk of loss.

Of course, that's for expensive stuff... Paypal's usually fine, and postal money orders work well for relatively inexpensive transactions too. Just know what you're getting and what you're getting into (and with who) first, and what the terms are before sending your money... 90% of the time, good communication is the key to a smooth and mutually satisfactory long distance transaction, and in keeping things that way, even if there are minor speed bumps or delays along the way.

Thanks for the advice Phil.

I dont think this guy wants to ship and deal with paypal though. I wish i knew someone in Boston. Im really just curious as to what he has now.

Archived