The Official "Gear Whores" Thread...

Belt

• Members

I'm pretty much addicted to trying different dirt boxes. I keep meaning to flip the old ones when I get new ones, but it's not working like I expected.

dirtboxescq8.jpg

Good thing is, I've got all the other pedal addictions under control...for now.

How's the shoegazer?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How's the shoegazer?

Noisy.

Or at least noisier than I expected. I can't really use it as my main distortion. The Fingerprint and Ultra Fuzz are much quieter when you're not playing and their fuzz seems to "bite" better, too. That said, the Torn's Peaker side works pretty well for rhythm, chords and arpeggios are fuzzy yet nothing gets swallowed or intermodulated to a major degree. The Sodameiser + Torn's Peaker combo work great for little melody lines. It makes them sound like they're exploding, right on the edge of control. It also sounds great for holding a note and chord and letting it sustain into feedback. Really sweet, blooming feedback sounds. But right now, it's the pedal I've had the least amount of time, so I'm using it mostly for wild sounds and trying to find more ways to incorporate it into my regular set-up.

• Members
I think I'm addicted to playing / using new stuff. I like old stuff, and keep some of it. But I really like trying stuff out.

How often do you go for different gear?

What's your favorite...

Fuzz

Dist

OD

Delay

Phaser

Reverb

Flanger

Filter

Ring Mod

Looper

EQ

Boost

Compressor

Octave

Multiple Effects unit

(anything else I've missed)

Roll Call please...

I try out stuff constantly... I have not been persuaded to change my position on my favorite gear. Thus the rig I built:

NAMMpicscropped020.jpg

If you want to trip out on effect types... go check out the preset list on the Eventide H8000FW, at http://www.eventide.com

• Members

onyxrhino, surprised you don't have the Classic Metal soundtank. Mucho mids in that box.

Interesting. I've got a bit of a soft spot for the soundtanks, since that Powerlead pedal was the first pedal I ever got. I've also got the Echomachine, which sounds fabulous when stacked with the Black Noise pedal. I've stopped expanding my soundtank collection for now (I've just got too many pedals for the time being), but I do see the Classic Metal pedal for sale, used, at music stores occasionally. Next time I see one, I'll try it out.

• Members
I was surprised to find that, by rough count, using an old list, I have had -

20 different filters

40 different delays

48 different dirt pedals and

55 different modulation pedals

and that's not counting repeats.

Hey sailor, lookin' for a good time?

:wave:

:lol:

• Members

I have burned through way more guitars and amp/cabs than I have pedals. I have just come back around into the world of effects after selling all of my old ones off years back in favor of a multi. But I like to research, demo, and get what I really want instead of buying, trying and goodbye-ing. It might be the Dutch in me, or it might be that I've learned that you can only get rid of the GAS pains by just biting the bullet.

Gearwhore? Yes. Very much... sometimes I wish I weren't. I would be able to spend alot more time playing and alot less time speculating. But I try to balance the two.

• Members
Heh, I counted my effects types and listed stuff, but then felt too whore-slutty to post it.
:facepalm:

sigh,

Ian

You Da man... :thu:

LOL... I went through the EXACT same thing which is why I only posted the one rack. The warehouse of rental gear I don't think of in the same way as my personal fun supply.

• Members
Zach aside from the pedals and TC's, what else is on there?

Rocktron

Lexicon

OMG... You're gonna make me type it anyway huh.... fine... :lol:;)

Top to bottom

Furman PL8+
PanaMax Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1 Tuner
TC Electronic 2290
Eventide H8000FW
Lexicon PCM-80
TC Electronic 1210
Custom Audio Electronics Dual Stereo Line mixer
Rocktron 300G Compressor
Odyssey werk light
Pedal tray