Who has left their fingerprint on music the most?

Belt

• Members

1 band or 1 person only (i.e. Jimi, Elvis, the Beatles, Clapton, BB King, etc.)

Not the band that has the most cover bands. Rather the band or person that time has proven to still accept them.

I'd make this a poll, but I don't want to leave anyones choices out. Maybe we can make it a poll later.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, an impact can be either positive or negative. But The Beatles probably had a very big impact on music, but Elvis Presly gave out his first record in 1956 i think, and thats a good 7 years or so before The Beatles came with their first studio album. The impact is very big indeed, but this is on what is considered to be the music industry and pop music. And in my eyes this is negative, but probably one of the biggest impacts made, because it changed the world of music and turned it into a money machine.

But this is not really a question about impact is it, haha. Its a question of what is still accepted. And I mean, there is way older music than Elvis and The Beatles that is still playing all over the world, like say Bach who was born in the year of 1685!

• Members

the beatles hands down.

they made the industry. bands didn't know what success could be had until the beatles showed them. hell of groups weren't even "groups". the beatles changed that.

in reply to the jim marshall, leo fender, les paul

DICK DENNEY... vox was a huge part of 60's sound

• Members

In the last 50 years?

James Brown.

Genres upon genres were spawned due to his direct influence. Funk, Disco, Rap, Hip Hop, much of modern R&B. I don't think any one man was as influential on so much modern music, short of Robert Johnson.

The single most influential group has to be the Beatles, hands down.

• Members

I never cease to get utterly freaked out and amazed (usually when under the influence) when I think about this;

-Consider what I have done in the last 4 years, or what I did in the 4 years I consider most productive in my life.

-Consider what The Beatles did between 1964 and 1968

-Consider what Jimi did between 1966 and 1970

-Consider what Led Zepellin did between 1969 and 1973

-Consider what Pink Floyd did between 1971 and 1975

It doesn't make one feel particularly good about oneself...:facepalm:

Archived