Bring Back Pre-July HCFX

tubezipper

• Members
It seems to me that the amount of people posting stupid stuff has increased, but maybe I'm just noticing them more. I don't mind the OT threads, I can just avoid clicking on them if I don't want to read it, but I'm sick of the stupid assholes who feel like they need to bring that {censored} into threads where people are asking for advice, or are trying to discuss gear.

There are some posters here who seem to feel like they need to post in every single thread, and usually their only contribution is "klon," a huge pic of a Metal Zone or whatever. Maybe that {censored} was funny the first 15 times, but it's not anymore. That's ok in OT threads, but it's {censored}ing annoying when someone is asking for advice. Often someone new to the forums try to ask a serious question and get nothing but bull{censored} in return, which is kinda sad since this forum is supposed to be about guitar effects.

I agree with you.....maybe it's just me but it just seems to have got really bad over the last month or two...and I think that's what tubezipper was getting at when he started this thread....I dunno maybe I just notice it more. :idk:

....it seems the cool people are leaving and being replaced by idots. I really don't want to leave, but if things carry on like this I won't be posting much.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Too many people post here thinking it's 4chan. That's a big problem.

so what's the solution G?

I can't see anyway forward....put up or shut up is what we get told.

The powers that be must be happy for it to be like this or they would do something about it, so I guess it's just the way it's gonna be from now on? :idk:

• Members
Me and another guy were moderators of this forum some years back and I got sick of it fast. I'd come home, sign on to HCFX and have a gazillion PM's and everybody wanted everybody banned for everything. I never knew there were so many whiners on an internet forum. Took all the joy out of coming here for me - glad that's behind me
:facepalm:

Looking back over the 8 years I've been posting here, I have taken breaks from time to time, I don't post much anymore because I realized how much more music I could have written, recorded, completed with the time I spent on this forum. It embarrassed me how much time I put into this place.

It was because of all the info I got here, and how it changed my tone and approach to music more than any other internet site that I started doing my own monthly pedal reviews to try to separate fact from fiction on whether this pedal or that pedal really lived up to it's promises. I wanted to give something back because of all I took from here. It was also because some of the pedals that were being hyped here at the time - ones that I purchased based on reviews here, turned out to be IMHO, pure crap. I wanted to
warn
people about some of the BS and try to save them some money. I had a lot of fun, got to meet with people and talk to builders that no other place would have allowed me the opportunities I have experienced because of HCFX. In a word, WOW!!
:eek:

I miss alot of the folks that used to post here and did some of the best of the best gear reviews. The BIGGEST difference I have noticed (along with the OT Threads and Threads that seem to be an ongoing chat room between 3 or 4 guys instead of just IM'ing each other) is the loss of the builders who used to post here. Robert Keeley and Dave Fox are a couple that come to mind but there are many more.

As a community, having access to these guys allowed us to actually have real input on tweaks and improvements alot of them made on their products just to suite US. How cool is that!? So that is the period I consider the "good old days" when we had a lot more builders here.

These days I just lurk in the spam thread
:wave:

You defined this forum for me Rev. I hope your writing more music has be rewarding to you. I think most of us who have read your posts and reviews miss you.

• Members
so what's the solution G?

I can't see anyway forward....put up or shut up is what we get told.

The powers that be must be happy for it to be like this or they would do something about it, so I guess it's just the way it's gonna be from now on?
:idk:

I don't know, I think that Phil is a really busy guy and perhaps he doesn't have as much time as he'd like to have to moderate this place. I guess that when he logs in his inbox is full of PM from people. I think that if more people used the report button for anything they felt was stupid then this might help.

• Members

Too many people post here thinking it's 4chan. That's a big problem.

4chan has pretty much been the downfall of the internet. Seems like the high school crowd found out about it and just went APE{censored}.

{censored} ISN'T FUNNY. STOP TRYING.

• Members
it's nice to have "friends" with a different world view, but it seems their view is "united states of americans suck".

I don't really get that vibe from here. :idk:

I think a lot of people try too hard to be funny and it gets old fast. I also think a lot of people are only here for handouts.

• Members
i may be way out of line since i'm still a noob, but it seems the non U.S. forum members want more restrictions, where as the U.S. members think it's up to you to avoid the threads you don't like.

That might be true, if you came on here when you guys are asleep you might see why........ it's practically a different place. :lol:

....I don't want rules and restrictions, people just need to have a bit of respect for each other. I just feel the sense of community seems to getting lost somewhere. :idk:

Archived