The Electro-Harmonix Forum: http://www.ehx.com/forums

• Members
On behalf of Scott Matthews and all of the wonderful folks at electro-harmonix, I'd like to cordially invite all of you to join us at
http://www.ehx.com/forums

This forum has been about a month in the making since Scott first posted this thread:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2115463

With the help of a few familiar forum members from HCFX and other forums, Scott has tweaked the forum for release to the public. He wanted HCFX members to be among the first to preview the forum before the official announcement on the electro-harmonix website.

We hope to see you there soon
:wave:

I'll join.:thu:

• Members

fwiw, it might be worth noting: rather than having a bunch of official EHX propagandists moderating the forums, we instead have folks from forums like HCFX. (we also have EHX staff there too -- and we're all clearly labeled as such.)

For example, right now the volunteer admins are talking about whether the EHX forums should be a "commerce free zone" -- (meaning no buy/sell 'spam') -- so, rather than have that be a "company-centric" decision, we're making it a "user-centric" decision.

Of course, there are still some 'Grade A' EHX propagandists lurking about... :)

• Members

only used ehx for sale/trade.

The sense I'm getting is even just that leads to a fair amount of bad vibes -- might it not make sense to just draw a simple line, "this is a commerce free zone" and expect that folks will turn to other communities when they want to trade?

• Members

The sense I'm getting is even just that leads to a fair amount of bad vibes -- might it not make sense to just draw a simple line, "this is a commerce free zone" and expect that folks will turn to other communities when they want to trade?

it'd be cool to have a place for ehx only. it might be a reason for people to use your forum.

"i want a vintage ehx ____. i'll check the ehx forum. screw eBay!" is what they'll say.

• Members

yeah, as goodhonk said, it's more of an enticement to visit your site than anything else. Obviously, there's always the risk of bad vibes when commerce is involved.

• Members

it'd be cool to have a place for ehx only. it might be a reason for people to use your forum.

"i want a vintage ehx ____. i'll check the ehx forum. screw eBay!" is what they'll say.

+1 I'll join tonight... Maybe as TGIH:evil:

JK...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived