How do you REALLY use the Line 6 DL4?

smartinez1984

• Members
Nice... useless... but nice...

Wrong forum I guess... thx

you just asked a stupid question, so you'll get stupid answers over here :cop:

Seriously though, the DL4 models delay-effects and that's it. It's a collection of different delay sounds. It's nothing like a POD that is both Amp modeling and effect modeling.

• Members

Nice... useless... but nice...

Wrong forum I guess... thx

Or wrong question?

I think everyone is confused by the "effects or modeling" part. The effect is delay.... and some of the delays are modeled after existing delays... they are one in the same on this pedal.

I use mine as a dedicated looper, it's very useful. I don't care for the delays on it though.

• Members

i use the DL-4 as my only pedal for my solo acoustic performances. i do looping with it, and to my knowledge is the only looper that gives you a nice modulated analog style delay ALONG WITH your looping.......

and it's easy to use and loop with, and when you hit half speed, you get 28 seconds of looping.

total WIN for me.

• Members
Yea, sorry, but I'm not familiar with the device incorrectly assumed it doubled as a clean amp modeler and also allowed you to insert effects. Good to know that it doesn't... thx again.

It's kinda funny that people will assume things and ask questions before checking out the product description at musician's friend, gc, etc... :facepalm:

• Members

It would make more sense if they would ask the questions of other people who actually use the product instead .... oh wait... nevermind...

Actually, it would make more sense to check a site with a description first, and then if you still have questions that page couldn't answer to THEN come and as people that have used it.

Because by your logic, there would be people in here asking "HAI GUYS,

WHAT DOES A BOSS DS-1 DO!?!"

• Members

Yup - sorry about that. I'll not ask any further questions... didn't mean to ruffle feathers.. web site wasn't very clear in the separation of the effects and modeling. I'll go elsewhere for my info going forward... but thanks nonetheless...

nah... stick around... some of the banter is quite humorous... especially from this side of it.

wait for someone else to ask something, then beat the holy {censored} out of them... get high five'd.

Archived