So you use a PC huh?

SUPER VELCROBOY

• Members

that was pretty terrible.

ive had my powerbook and desktop pc for the same amount of time.

my powerbooks keyboard doesnt work, it has wierd ghosting on the screen, and sometimes it shuts off by itself.

oh, and the battery wont hold a charge.

to fix it? about $400.

my emachines pc has worked fine for those 4 years. to upgrade to a newer, faster pc? $500 if i build it myself, and thats with hardware and software that would bypass the powerbook by light years.

but i love garageband.

• Members

sooooo what this video is saying is that it takes several $2000+ mac desktops to take down a $400 windows laptop????

mac's seem to be great computers, and since apple has so many rules about how, when, where, why and what you develop for their computers they make a lot less trouble for people who are not comfortable "looking under the hood."

But some mac users (not all of them) can be really annoying. Someone asks for advice on getting a new computer... They guy says, "I need a new computer" and then can go on about how he wants to play games, lists a budget, or whatever else, but many mac users just see blah blah blah blah, and just say "get a mac." All other factors seem irrelevant.

And the whole "lifestyle" thing with macs just makes me cringe. It's a computer.

Both windows and mac's are bloated with DRM crap now... itunes and quicktime have gotten to the point where i have to say they are crapware.

That said, i wish my parents would get a mac... they call at least once a week asking how to fix their computer... Granted their PC is probably 7 years old.

Archived