Crunchbox lowdown: Sounds great, hard to control!

New Trail

• Members

dammit! it had trimmers! i didn't know that! dammit! i had one for a while, loved it at bedroom volumes... hated it at gigs and practice. wish i had another chance at it. dammit.

Serously!??! :lol:

git out of here!! :p:idea: It was actually you guys told about the trimpots when I bought mine cheap. That's where it shines...

• Members

I really love the sound of the MI Audio Crunchbox but it's really a challenge to dial in the right sound at the right volume. Plus, the fact is that it doesn't really clean up when you turn down the volume on the guitar. Good sound, tho.

Sounds like you have version 1 which had a finnicky volume control. Version 2 has a better volume taper.

• Members

Sounds like you have version 1 which had a finnicky volume control. Version 2 has a better volume taper.

I bought it recently, and it's supposed to be V2, according to the box! And it supposedly has one interinal trim pot, which I haven't adjusted. I think it is supposed to adjust the bass. But it's not just the volume control that is sensitive, they all are. With the fact that it doesn't clean up, you almost need a volume pedal after it to control it.

Archived