Whats the best overdrive pedal with a 3 band EQ?

rawk100

• Members

Ah, I didnt remember that this had already been asked!...

The tube zone sounds a good idea, does the blues boy deluxe have similar features? Unfortunately I'm not very near any decent shops so I may have to buy without trying (hence this thread......)

• Members

What about a Boss Metal Zone MT-2, with the drive turned right down?

I actually tried that but it still added too much of the Metalzone "flavour", I'm boosting a crunchy JCM800 for hard rock / metal and want a bit more flexibility than my OD808 offers............

• Members

are they any good at boosting a valve amp though?.....

I used it to boost my Blues Jr. and it worked great. :idk:

I had a V1, which is a little trebley -- but I hear that the MKII and trinity Silver Kiss are just fantastic.

• Members

The Silver Kiss Trinity is even more flexible than the Mk.2 with the added comp and mid select switches.

The Blue Boy Deluxe is a kickass pedal too. Awesome EQ on that one.

Yeah, I really like the look of the BB deluxe but I'm gonna find out more about the SK...... I think I've just gotta go and try some out.

• Members

The tube zone sounds a good idea, does the blues boy deluxe have similar features? Unfortunately I'm not very near any decent shops so I may have to buy without trying (hence this thread......)

i had the BBD, but grew to dislike it because i found it too compressed. now remember that it's based on the tube-screamer but is a lot more adjustable and one can swap the chip to explore sounds (which i didn't do).. it's a good pedal but wasn't for me...

• Members

i had the BBD, but grew to dislike it because i found it too compressed. now remember that it's based on the tube-screamer but is a lot more adjustable and one can swap the chip to explore sounds (which i didn't do).. it's a good pedal but wasn't for me...

The more I look at the MI stuff the more I like it although I'm not sure if to go for the BBD or tube zone. I'm gonna check out all the suggestions on this thread so thanks everyone.... :thu:

Archived