Your favourite film scores?

Loobs

• Members

A lot of the late sixties to early eighties horror soundtracks were great. The Italian band Goblin made several fantastic soundtracks for Dario Argento's movies, my favorites are Suspiria and Profondo Rosso. They're probably more known for their music for the original Dawn of the Dead, though. Riz Ortolani's score for Cannibal Holocaust was great too. The Wicker Man (the original one, mind you) had some really cool music too, although it's quite different from most horror soundtracks.

In general, I prefer movies that have original music, instead of just a compilation of contemporary popular music. But that depends on the movie in question, of course. There are several examples of great soundtracks that are basically "various artists" compilations.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can't believe nobody has mentioned No Country For Old Men. :lol:

There Will be Blood is right up with the best of them. The music fit that movie so well it's almost unfair for any other movie.

Kubrick and the Cohen brothers movies always have great music to them though.

• Members

john Williams

Vangelis

Tangerine Dream

Lots of 80's Zombie flicks filled w/ analog synth soundtracks

Lucio Fulci has tons of great stuff(that intro to Zombi scared the heck out of me when I heard it coming thru the walls in a movie theater, I always associated it w/ the preview and was very frightened to see it).

but a good one is Ennio Morricone's Spaghetti Westerns... that mixed w/ Sergio Lione's screenwriting and directing is beautiful..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvfgZRDalEs

• Members

YES! Add to that Twin Peaks" Firewalk with Me!

OT - I never got to see Angel's Egg. I've been dying to but never go the chance.

Yeah, Angelo Badalamenti is gold. Simple arrangements, but very effective.

Twin Peaks is my favorite of his, but I'm also partial to Blue Velvet and Straight Story.

Archived