The Official Holy Stain Lounge

• Members

I just picked up a used Holy Stain and love the color control and tone shaping, and the reverbs are really good,. I wonder if there is a way to adjust the pitchshifter's range to an octave, sure would be more useful. The OD and Fuzz have way too much gain for my style, but I have other dirt pedals in front of it. This is the second Holy Stain I havew owned, I really missed the reverbs and the grit of the clean mode when set to warm, sounds awesome. HNPD

HNPD!

Looking back, i think my favorite thing about the Holy Stain was the bizarro tremo-verb used with an expression pedal. That is certainly unique

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HNPD!

Looking back, i think my favorite thing about the Holy Stain was the bizarro tremo-verb used with an expression pedal. That is certainly unique

thanks! Craigslist score. I think the trem/reverb combo is pretty cool too, though the Attack Sustain is my main tremolo at the moment. The Hall reverb sounds great at 100% wet sounds great for synth pads too. The pitchshifter sounds cool at 12:00 too...the tone shaping is very useful for me too. The Holy Stain is too big, but I just love the sounds, so it's staying this time. I have a Memory Boy coming soon also, again the second one I have owned, I need to learn from my mistakes.

• Members

it is certainly dipped in some failsauce, but there are some great things about the Holy Stain. The color control is really useful for me, almost like a presence control on my amp, a Gibson GA-15, which could use one as it's very bright.

• Members

I have been exploring the OD on the Holy Stain, on the Dark setting it really can get some of the Germ4 kinda Fuzzface-ish synthy sounds, pretty cool, sure wish there was a some gain control....but it sounds pretty cool.

When I use this mode with the pitchshifter set a bit past noon, there is some cool modulation with some travel and swirl to it, fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

I feel like if I could just get it modded so that the "mode" footswitch turned the color from clean to fuzz and the rotary switch changed the effects instead it would be a thousand times better. I still hold on to it, though, because the fuzz is enormous. I like it better then my Tone Wicker Muff.

It is fun to use the pitch shift mode as a harmonizer or as a chorus, which is a very interesting sound and just a little off from how you expect a chorus to be.

Archived