OT My Suhr is done

Aaron SS

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
any half decent guitar can "own" playability with a good setup.
:facepalm:

I beg to differ on this. My Suhr plays like absolute BUTTER. Strings bend consistently up and down the neck. The playability has a snappiness (in a good way) that I haven't experience on other guitars. Best "feel" of any guitar that I've played.

• Members

This thread turned into a noobfest

Ho long did it take? I would really like a Suhr Modern someday.

Yeah, quite a bit....

It took about 3 and a half months for completion. Somewhere around there:thu:

To settle the basswood to debate I actually really like basswood guitars. One of my favorite guitars before this was the EBMM John Petrucci Signature.

• Members

I beg to differ on this. My Suhr plays like absolute BUTTER. Strings bend consistently up and down the neck. The playability has a snappiness (in a good way) that I haven't experience on other guitars. Best "feel" of any guitar that I've played.

you sure it's not like margarine or some other vague, greasy, meaningless adjective to describe the completely subjective aspect of "playability"

• Members

Damn you crack me up Robo.

In fairness, however, I have played a couple of Suhrs and they were very, very nice indeed. I would like to own one some day. I like Black strats if anyone wants to buy me a $3000 present.

Nice purchse Used666 :thu: Any chance of some clips when you get it?

• Members

you sure it's not like margarine or some other vague, greasy, meaningless adjective to describe the completely subjective aspect of "playability"

All posts regarding playability of a guitar are subjective. I like the playability and think it's one of the best. You clearly think it's overrated. To each his own.

• Members

any half decent guitar can "own" playability with a good setup.
:facepalm:

Yeah, but Suhrs OWN. The neck shape/fretboard radius, along with huge ass {censored}in' frets and satin finish on the neck, it's actually TOO playable for me, if that makes any sense. Another guitar like that in my experience was this Japanese made ESP George Lynch relic strat-type guitar (don't kill me Severed Pumpkin, I'm aware that it's not a Fender strat, thanks). It played so effortlessly that you never wanted to slow down, it's like trying to build a house of cards while on crack or something.

Yeah, if I ever owned one of these high-playability type guitars I'd definitely have to throw heavier strings on than I normally use to keep myself under control. Love the Suhrs though, there's a few of them at this store I frequent... only thing holding me back would be the headstock shape and the colors this store happens to stock, quite tacky. Oh... and the price!

• Members
LOL at the $3000 strat clone made of basswood.

Which is a cheap, {censored}ty wood when it's on a cheap guitar but on a $3000 guitar it's a "tonewood"

drink deeply from the cup of stupidity

Here's the paradox. It's a perfectly fine wood to use for guitars, yet it costs less, so companies use it on some of the entry level guitars to cut costs. I have it on an Ibanez. It's a fine wood for sure, that's why Shur prefers using it.

Used... sorry to be a part of this thread going OT. It's a sweet guitar and I bet you'll play the hell out of it. :thu:

I wonder what SP would say if I called it a "strat copy"?

• Members
IT'S A {censored}ING STRAT. GET OVER YOURSELF.

I have a different opinion so that means I need to get over myself? :lol: OK.......Unclench that anus, dude. Using all caps just reveals you have a simple mind that can't be bothered to discuss things intelligently. :poke:

@ Robopimp. I've listened to clips of your playing, and you shouldn't be offering expertise to anyone about guitars...

• Members
According to John Suhr, it stands for "Standard" as the shape is modeled after their custom Standard body shape which is modeled after a Strat.

fix'd :D

I have a different opinion so that means I need to get over myself?
:lol:
OK.......Unclench that anus, dude. Using all caps just reveals you have a simple mind that can't be bothered to discuss things intelligently. :poke:

@ Robopimp. I've listened to clips of your playing, and you shouldn't be offering expertise to anyone about guitars...

It's not that your opinion is different, it's that you act like a jackass in getting your point across. It's like you want to pick fights here. Plus, you're coming off as a HUGE corksniffer.

• Members
It's not that your opinion is different, it's that you act like a jackass in getting your point across. It's like you want to pick fights here. Plus, you're coming off as a HUGE corksniffer.

Hey, you called me a dick first there, hypocrite, so go {censored} yourself, cocksucker. ;) Don't see how I'm coming off as a corksniffer either, as I never stated that any piece of gear is superior to any other piece of gear. Your reading comprehension sucks, and now you're just plain making {censored} up. Pathetic....

• Members
Hey, you called me a dick first there, hypocrite, so go {censored} yourself, cocksucker.
;)
Don't see how I'm coming off as a corksniffer either, as I never stated that any piece of gear is superior to any other piece of gear. Your reading comprehension sucks, and now you're just plain making {censored} up. Pathetic....

You're missing something here.

• Members

I once got in an argument with Suhr and Tyler on a forum about the fact that they are building customized Fenders. They did their best to deny it and tried to make me look foolish in front of the rest of their fanboys but facts is facts. I'm sure they're fine guitars. Never played one. I have played some Andersons. Played great but felt cheap to me. Don't know if it was the wood or what. I would never pay the asking prices for any of those makers. I can build just as good a guitar from Warmoth parts with a good setup for 1/4 the price. There's nothing magical about what those builders are doing. They pay a lot of attention to the setups. If someone wants to pay for them, more power to you. I won't criticize someone for buying one. I just didn't like the fact that these guys try to act like they're not "borrowing" from Fender.

Archived